Skip to main content
Topic: it would be nice to see a showing (Read 1624 times) previous topic - next topic

it would be nice to see a showing

Guys I know that CJ06 is a fun event(from pictures only)and I need to show up and check everyones rides out. BUT the big FUN FORD WEEKEND is one of the BIGGEST Ford Mercury events in OHIO. And there is very little showing for the FOXBODY COUGAR/T-BIRD. Guys we need to step up and let them know(FORD/Mercury) that we love and take pride in our cars looks and speed just as much as the MUSTANG guys do.
  So this is what we should do everyone with in 1hr or so from Norwalk or any other track that holds an BIG Ford event that has a Cougar/T-Bird weather you race,show or just drive one needs to show up.
  When I bought this car I bought it to be different from the Mustang guys,and I see VERY little showing and support at the big FORD events(at Norwalk atleast).I thank this should be added to everyone calender to attend this year. Even if it is not Ohio. Guyshiznit the FFW events or any other Ford/Mercury event in your area, show people that the Fox Body Cougar/T-Bird is a real car.

Sorry for the bitching

Reply #1
I totally agree.  Count me in!

Reply #2
Quote from: polarcat 87
Guys I know that CJ06 is a fun event(from pictures only)and I need to show up and check everyones rides out. BUT the big FUN FORD WEEKEND is one of the BIGGEST Ford Mercury events in OHIO. And there is very little showing for the FOXBODY COUGAR/T-BIRD. Guys we need to step up and let them know(FORD/Mercury) that we love and take pride in our cars looks and speed just as much as the MUSTANG guys do.
  So this is what we should do everyone with in 1hr or so from Norwalk or any other track that holds an BIG Ford event that has a Cougar/T-Bird weather you race,show or just drive one needs to show up.
  When I bought this car I bought it to be different from the Mustang guys,and I see VERY little showing and support at the big FORD events(at Norwalk atleast).I thank this should be added to everyone calender to attend this year. Even if it is not Ohio. Guyshiznit the FFW events or any other Ford/Mercury event in your area, show people that the Fox Body Cougar/T-Bird is a real car.

Sorry for the bitching

When you say "let them know(FORD/Mercury)" do you mean that reps from FoMoCo and Mercury Division will be there?  When is it?  Is it an annual event held in Norwalk, Ohio sponsored by FoMoCo?
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #4
I brought the convertible to FFW@Norwalk in 2001, right after the paint job. I was the only Cougar there...period. None even in the parking lot. It was a decent show though, and people were friendly enough, even considering the general disorganization of the show field. Since then I've noticed (according to their flyers) that there isn't even a class for Cougars, and if memory serves me right, the T-Birds are low on the priority list as well.

Don't know how it's being run now but I'll be ed if I drive 3 hours just to get turned away. There'd better be a welcome mat for us.

Reply #5
Cat Jam isnt all about getting recognition, showing our pride, yadda yadda yadda, its about bringing us as a community and family together more than it is about the cars.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
Now I'm probably within a couple of hours away.  But I'll be ed if I'm taking the sled through the gates.  They will turn me away as fast as you can say beater.!
One 88

Reply #8
Ya I met a bunch of mustang guys who are really interested in my car. Because it's the same basic platform setup as theirs. But I met some mustang guys who think MUSTANGS are the only car and everything else is a POS. Even the shiznitheads with the 4cyl-v6s think they have a better car. Thx for the headsup. I wont make a trip if they will just treat me like the shows around here with the importtuners. Nice car, but imports are better. Yah right.

Reply #9
Mmm, it's not like that, Steve. The partints at the Norwalk show seemed pretty cool and all, even the Mustang owners. I'm just miffed more at the organizers because they are not advertising that they'll include us in the show field. If enough people show up, then I'm sure they will do that, if they have any integrity. However, that creates a problem with trophies because they won't have one printed up for a Cougar class. I think what happened was, after 2003-ish they must not have had any Cougars show up, so they just dropped the class. I see why they did it...I just don't believe they should cut out classes if there's even a remote possibility that someone will show up that qualifies.

If we got a few definites here, and called them up, I'm sure they'd provide for us. Since Norwalk is a week or two before Cat Jam I am probably going to be too wrapped up with the planning to attend Norwalk myself. But I will do what it takes to make sure others that are definitely going can have their own class.

Reply #10
Quote from: EricCoolCats
I brought the convertible to FFW@Norwalk in 2001, right after the paint job. I was the only Cougar there...period. None even in the parking lot..

Hey,I was there with the 87 running in the street ford class:) went all the way down to the last 8 cars and popped a red light.:mad:
 I think Eric knows what I am trying to say,I am not trying to organize another meet,but just trying to show that there is a big interest in these cars and where better to show it then at an all Ford event. PLEASE do not think I am dissing Cat Jam I think it is a GOOD thing but $$ and kids have kept me away. Maybe this year,Eric got a place for me to park the Suburban??LOL
 For more info go to http://www.funfordweekend.com Like I said in another post with the new nitrous I am going to run true street and hope for a high 11 or low 12sec. pass. Can you see the eyes of all the stang guys to see a low 12sec. Couagr:D

Reply #11
So would we only be allowed in the field if we run the 1/4 mile?
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #12
every year i have been to the FFW in Norwalk i have seen a bird either V8 or a TC. But i always take my stang, sorry

RIP 1986 Turbocoupe
1988 Mustang GT Show car/weekend racer
1986 Mustang T-top coupe The 2.3T project
1977 F250 400 4wd Fun in the mud
1997 Honda CBR F3 For when i want to make everything else feel slow

Reply #13
Hmm, I will drive your TC for you since my car is Fugly.!
One 88

Reply #14
Quote from: polarcat 87
Guyshiznit the FFW events or any other Ford/Mercury event in your area, show people that the Fox Body Cougar/T-Bird is a real car.

Unfortunately none of those events come our way at all....the closest being Norwalk and frankly given my schedule and such, it's just too far to go. And I have no doubt that it would be similiar to the few Ford car shows done by the local Ford dealers which cater to Mustangs with a 10 classes for them and then lump me into the "other Ford" category.....not that I blame them because 99% of the time I'm the only 1980 to present T-Bird that shows up.

It amazes me that a car with the lineage of the T-Bird name is largely ignored if it was built after the early 60's.