Skip to main content
Topic: SHO swap into Fox, one step closer (Read 22980 times) previous topic - next topic

SHO swap into Fox, one step closer

Reply #60
I wish I had some more updates.  I'm at that point right now that I could start with fitting it into the chassis...but I don't have one handy at the house at the moment. It might be a little bit before I can do that :(
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #61
DAM, the suspense is killing me! seriously tho, this and the xflow I6 swap are my 2 main interests on this board now lol.

Reply #62
CHUCK!!! When are you going to be releasing a swap kit? lol  That would be a riot...who needs a 351 swap kit...just buy your SHO swap kit...lol.  Any new progress???
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #63
No real new progress.  I'm waiting to get a chassis here to build motor mounts.  From there it shouldn't be too much more work really.  Getting the cooling system sorted will be the biggest PITA.

I do actually have a Merkur guy who wants one of the adapter plates.  I just need to get the studs/dowels in it and plate it and get it to him. 

It looks like hopefully I'll have a chassis here within the next couple months....

Reply #64
Sounds like a plan...if you push to get it done for Cat Jam next year, I might actually show up! lol  I can't wait to see how it comes out.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Reply #65
I was just curious if anything new had happened. I wont lie, Im here to see how the adapter plate turns out and then try and talk you into making me one. I have an SHO motor sitting in my shed that is itching to find a home in a nice front/rear chassis

Reply #66
Well not a whole lot new.  I finally got the swap car home this past weekend, but I've been busy with other things.
I'm going to be swapping/shuffling cars around the next couple/few weeks and should be able to at least have a chassis here at the house to scope motor mounts. 
Once I get a running combo, I don't see an issue with selling the adapter.

Reply #67
Quote from: Chuck W

Once I get a running combo, I don't see an issue with selling the adapter.

Or simply selling me the whole car...lol :D

Reply #68
Quote from: Sick88Tbird
Or simply selling me the whole car...lol :D

Oh I don't think so ;)

Reply #69
Eh, can't blame a guy for trying...lol...so um...what's your address, where is the car kept and what hours will nobody be home?  LMAO...just kidding man.  Can't wait to see how it turns out...you'll have to get some track times man!

Reply #70
I just thought of something chuck, we are going to need some spacers for the flywheel to compensate for that adapter plate.

Methos

Reply #71
Quote from: Methos;104402
I just thought of something chuck, we are going to need some spacers for the flywheel to compensate for that adapter plate.

Methos

Nope ;)

The crank to block face offset difference between the two is the same as the adapter plate :pbb:

Reply #72
sweet, so are we going to be able to use the 5.0 trash plate(block plate)?  And for EFI, I think I'm going to try megasquirt with a v3 board.  should be interesting...

Methos

Reply #73
Yup, the 5.0 block plate works.

Reply #74
OK, well since the 2.3T is taking a big poop on me and I'm not quite ready to get into the X-Flow hybrid, the '83 is going to be the mock-up , swap sled for the SHO swap. 

Once the other cars are out of the way, I'll get into this with more earnest.  First order of business...motor mounts.