Skip to main content
Topic: I cant leave well enough alone (bunch of pics) (Read 2085 times) previous topic - next topic

I cant leave well enough alone (bunch of pics)

Cus I took the front end off the new 90 GT, Good cause though, get to that in a minute. Getting to good at this taking foxes apart stuff. Bumper cover, header panel, headlights out in about 30min...

fender was pushed in when I bought it:

couldnt get the headlight to adjust for shiznit...(hood isnt shut all the way, not ****ed up lol)

Found the header panel to be cracked so I took the front end off:

So I found the old header panel and driver fender from the 88:

CJ Pony parts to the rescue aswell:

Headlight kit mounted into old header panel:

found the fiberglass bumper reinforcment cracked had to swap that out to dont have pics of everything going back together yet though.
cant wait for my cousin and her boyfriend to get their kids 4wheeler out of the shed, So I can have more room to work in there until my carport has walls...

Ordered a stalker front bumper and that should be here this week, then im waiting on funding for a hood and possibly a 93 cobra spoiler, then by that time it should be around tax time to get the car repainted :)

Reply #1
Wow those new headlights sure look nice.  I wish someone made them for Cougars and T-Birds.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2
:iagree: I want some nice new headlights too.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
Now you'll be able to see the road at night!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
hell yea! considering the drivers headlight that was messed up only shined to about 5' away from the car and down, and on the way home from picking it up the pass. side blew lol. luckily i was on I95 and had plenty of light.

Reply #5
So what are you thinking of paint. Solid black?

Reply #6
So what are you thinking of as far as paint? Solid black?

Reply #7
keeping the 2 tone theme goin with the same colors.

heres my photochop i did, never liked the 00 cobra r hood on foxes til I seen it with the stalker bumper which I just ordered :) so Ill prally order this hood to then get everything repainted.

Reply #8
Quote from: Bane
keeping the 2 tone theme goin with the same colors.

heres my photochop i did, never liked the 00 cobra r hood on foxes til I seen it with the stalker bumper which I just ordered :) so Ill prally order this hood to then get everything repainted.

wow if all goes well that will be one of the nicest fox mustangs i have ever seen :D
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #9
I'm not what you call a Mustang fan, but that would look really sweet!

Reply #10
thanks people :)

Reply #11
i realy like the color combo....would you be pissed if i stole it? im trying too come up with a good color too go on the bottom of the car. its all black now. im thinking silver blue or mayby just silver/grey and the red/maroon you have going there looks pretty slick as well...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #12
go ahead, i havnt copyrighted it yet :p

Reply #13
All I can say is wow:D . That is going to be one good looking Mustang.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #14
some 93 cobras would really make the car nice. bc i dont think they make welds that large. and a nice size wheel will help the car look Really nice.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!