Owned Cops

Reply #1
I'm gonna call photoshop on that one. 

Funny anyway though.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Owned Cops

Reply #2
There's no way they could be that oblivious.
Funny

Owned Cops

Reply #3
Hey Kane county is about 45 minutes south of me. I think that should be on the side of the Chicago Police cars;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Owned Cops

Reply #4
My woman's up in that area right now visiting family. I'll have to show her that when she gets back tomorrow.

Owned Cops

Reply #5
well i doubt its a photoshop. looks very real. but funny as hell!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Owned Cops

Reply #6
well they said it was only on the passenger side and I"m guessing the officer didn't have a partner so there really isn't a use for the officer to check the passenger side.

Owned Cops

Reply #7
Definetally a fake in my opinion check out the unusual pixel density around it. But yes its still funny.

Owned Cops

Reply #8
That unusual pixel densiuty is common in a compressed JPG file where there are contrasting colors. Just follow the door panel gap and you can see the "pixellated" losses there too.

I don't doubt that one bit - one of the guys that used to build cop cars where I worked put "PIG-ASS" on the right door of an RCMP cruiser. It was suppoed to say RCMP-GRC. We had access to all the letters of the alphabet and numbers because in addition to the RCMP-GRC we had to put the vehicle call sign (such as 22E7, LS26, etc) and it was in the same font.  We had all been tempted, but this guy had put in his two weeks' notice and this was the last car he did, so he "lived the dream", so to speak.

The car was in the field for about three months before a pedestrian pointed it out to the cop as he stopped at a crosswalk. I used to have a pic of it but lost it in a hard drive crash a few years ago.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Owned Cops

Reply #9
But... come to think of it, the "And  we'll take your doughnuts too" bit is definitely photoshopped. zthey photoshopped it right on top of the door rub strip - that strip is not put on the cars from the factory, so if the decals were to go there the strip wouldn't be there. Only cars with smll decals or stripes that don't go into the bottom part of the door have that trim applied - if the shop feels like applying it, that is...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Owned Cops

Reply #10
Even though that picture has been photoshopped, it's funny! It would be great to see someone actually have that kind of guts to do something like that.

Owned Cops

Reply #12
Just to get this party going again:

Owned Cops

Reply #13
anyway. speaking of doorstrips. police cars in MI don't have them most of the time on the front doors. it is how you can always spot the unmarked. anyone know why that is, i though it might be that the front doors are armored so they can use them at shields in fire fights.

Owned Cops

Reply #14
That one has to be THE funniest pic i have ever seen.:giggle: :giggle:

Those look like mazda 6's is this a pic from an iraqi police station?