Skip to main content
Topic: Interest in TC shift boots? (Read 1152 times) previous topic - next topic

Interest in TC shift boots?

I posted this on turboford and haven't gotten the response I was expecting yet, so I figured I throw it up on here too.

Well after searching and searching for a good condition stock TC shift boot, I came up empty handed. Out of nowhere I found someone who made custom shift boots, and great quality from what I've seen. I am sending him an old boot for him to make a copy. If all turns out well, would anyone else be interested in one?

I asked the maker yet about setting up a group buy, or if he would make it a regular item. I'm sure he'd be all in though. As for price, probably around $20, definately under $30. The material seems to be an imitation leather, like stock.

Post if you are interested and I will see what I can swing.

Reply #1
Depending on the time frame, i would love to get two of them.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
They are available new from numerous Late Model Mustang shops for $20-$35. GT/Cobra Stang's and SHO's are identical. You can still get them at dealerships for about $120 too.

Reply #3
I've tried that and the bases aren't the same.

Reply #4
neither is the color

the mustang and SHO's are black, ours are dark blue/gray
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
Wow only $120 for a shift boot? Where do I sign up? :bs:

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #6
I run an LX/GT Mustang boot in mine. Like most others my TC boot was all dried up and cracking even though I have a relatively low mileage wellcared for car. The base doesn't fit perfect as has been mentioned but it's close enough to work. I actually like it better than the TC boot. Since I run a different shift  than stock, the TC boot was too large up at the top where it meets the bottom of the ....the Mustang one fits perfect. I like it being black as well and the material won't dry out and crack like leather will.

Reply #7
Actually, ours is Charcoal, and it is identical, and you can buy Mustang boots in black or charcoal.