Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone have a 5.0 shortblock sitting around? Need a quick dimension. (Read 900 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone have a 5.0 shortblock sitting around? Need a quick dimension.

I need a measurement.

I need the offset distance from the face of the rear of the crank to the back of the block.

To measure set a straightedge across the crank face (not over the pilot bushing, but the crank itself) and measure the distance to the rear face of the block (out at the edge where the bellhousing bolts up).

Thanks!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #1
Chuck,  I got .228".  That was across the crank face (where the bolt holes are) to the face of the block at the outermost mounting hole.  This was on my '89 5.0 H.O. on the motor stand.  Hope that helps.  Fred

Reply #2
Fred-
It helps, but now I have two different dimensions :( (I got .270" from someone else).  I have a third person checking, so hopefully it will match either yours or the other.

Thanks

Reply #3
don't forget thrust!the different measurements could be due to the crank pushed to the front or the rear.

Reply #4
Quote from: 30thtbird
don't forget thrust!the different measurements could be due to the crank pushed to the front or the rear.

Thrust should be less than .010, no big deal...

Reply #5
Well, I have gotten a .234" as well... from a pretty reliable source.