Skip to main content
Topic: Paintjob opinions/advice/ideas (Read 1993 times) previous topic - next topic

Paintjob opinions/advice/ideas

My color of paint for the '86 T-bird has been chosen...Lapis Poly Ford code:M6563A
Now I need some help...I've been thinking about putting Boss mustang stripes on it like the picture below. I've also thought of making it 2 tone...like the TC...black on bottom blue on the upper, or should I keep the flames? Anyone else have ideas?
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'91 mustang strictly street-in progress
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #1
well come up with something to go along with the name of your project. and it will be origional since it is what you named the project plus it would have more meaning.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2
I think the stripes are cool,but I'd leave the "Boss" off of it.Everyone would immediately think "Mustang" when they saw it(in my own opinion).It would look pretty sinister with the stripes,though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
instead of "BOSS" have it say Raptor.....since its the name of the project

Reply #4
that would actually work out. since that is the name of the project. now gotta come up with some kick ass lettering for it.

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #5
Thanks for reminding me that I have $600 in paint/clear sitting in the containers, waiting to go on the car...for the last 2 months :shoothead

now its FREEZING
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
sweet ideas guys...keep 'em comin'
'83 Cougar *the never ending project* warmed over 306 v8,c4,8.8 posi with 5 lug conversion
'00 f150 7700-Mean Green: jet stage 1 chip,ported upper intake with 1" spacer,'04 Super Duty intake with injectors,summit racing short tube headers with true 2.5" duals with smithy's glasspacks!

Reply #7
have the boss stripes painted with that chameilion paint that fades from purple to light blue

Reply #8
with metallic blue?

Reply #9
it would look awesome man,i promise that mirage paint is the best stuff ever ill look for a pallette

[edit]- this is the exact color i was talking..........it comes from House Of Kolor its awesome

http://www.houseofkolor.com

Reply #10
How about a color close to the actual animal like this. A dark green at the top faded to light green at the bottom with black reflective viynle stripes.

Reply #11
what i was thinking with the kameilion is depth........ if you look at the stripes when its darker...it'll look like its dented in.........when its light it will look pulled out

Reply #12
I say paint it black.........

Black cats rule!

Puts on flame suit and runs for cover
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
man...nothing looks like black when its clean and polished.

the problem is keeping it clean....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #14
also it shows all the imperfections!

Got that fox rash again!