Skip to main content
Topic: Value of parts question (Read 1314 times) previous topic - next topic

Value of parts question

I picked up a trashed 20th Anny cougar and although there isn’t too much left of value, I am going to have a few extra parts.  I’m not really ready to move them yet since I don’t have pictures or anything, but I do have a question.

The main things I have left are the gold turbines (with center caps), the gold grill, and a full digital gauge cluster all in good shape.  I’m all about each of us helping each other, but I do need some cash for other parts, so my question is, what is fair value for these things?

Re: Value of parts question

Reply #1
The Cougar center caps, which are fairly rare, will be worth a few bucks if they're in good condition. You may be better off selling the caps separate from the rims, as I know of a few people on this message board who are looking for caps only. The rims are just turbines with gold paint, so they aren't anything special, but in good shape they should be worth something. The full digital cluster would probably be worth $25-$50 based on what I've seen them go for on ebay (depending on condition, mileage showing, etc), but if you took the time to remove the sensors (fuel, water temp, oil) you would significantly increase its value for somebody wanting to do a swap. The grille may be worth a few bucks as well - I just saw a NOS one for a 20th go for somewhere around $50 on Ebay.

If you're looking to part the car out there are a whole lot of things that are small enough to ship yet valuable enough to sell. Tail lights, headlights, marker lamps, emblems, switches, dash panels, modules, etc will all sell on ebay if nobody wants them here. If the seats are in good condition and you're not using them you would be able to get money for them as well, but you might also consider selling only the covers if you know how to remove them. The covers alone would be much easier to ship than the whole seat, and it would likely be the cover that somebody wanted anyway since they likely already have a frame and padding.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣