Skip to main content
Topic: mm+ff t-bird/cougar shootout " info " (Read 1299 times) previous topic - next topic

mm+ff t-bird/cougar shootout " info "

Edit::: Per Request
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #1
I hope this actually gets published, if it does I'm gonna go out and buy a copy of the mag.

I know they were supposed to do a super coupe vs. turbo coupe shootout (or something like that) a couple years back, but they cancelled the turbo coupe part because they either couldn't find enough people, or the cars weren't fast enough or both (I know Glenn said he was there but could only run a best of a 13-something). I thought that was BS though since half the guys in the super coupe shootout ran 15's or slower.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #2
Quote from: Red_LX
I hope this actually gets published, if it does I'm gonna go out and buy a copy of the mag.

I know they were supposed to do a super coupe vs. turbo coupe shootout (or something like that) a couple years back, but they cancelled the turbo coupe part because they either couldn't find enough people, or the cars weren't fast enough or both (I know Glenn said he was there but could only run a best of a 13-something). I thought that was BS though since half the guys in the super coupe shootout ran 15's or slower.

I just wish i could go :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
i wish i had something worthy of going...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
Um, never mind..........:hick: :D
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Reply #5
Hope it this works out i would like to see.
I have a copy when they had mark7s and a few other cars go at it.

Reply #6
I emailed Steve Bauer several months ago saying I would like to partite, never heard a word....

Piss on 'em.

Reply #7
Quote from: Warbird9
I think that Bob Myers might be on here somewhere, I think he's from Greensburg,PA which is about a half hour or so east of me.:dunno:

That would be me :D I was stunned they picked my stuff to go out there and run.

On edit: I'm heading out to the track right now, probably will break it and miss out on this ;)

Bob Myers

Reply #8
all thje info posted above with names and times should really be deleted.  They will cancel the article and shootout if any info gets out early.

mods: SDS DFI, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), Solid lifters, Esslinger roller cam #2277,adj. cam pulley, custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter,  Spec stage III clutch, Hallman boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

Reply #9
all thje info posted above with names and times should really be deleted. They will cancel the article and shootout if any info gets out early.

wow...i agree, they can be weird about that stuff. they wouldnt think twice about dropping it if they fing out people have been yapping about it. as specially if it was after the shootout. they realy dont want the results out there untill press time. id bet anything they are watching out fir it and id bet they have been eyeballing this forum. i know they know about it...

i personally would love to see the shootout in print. there so stingy about putting tbirds in there mag...
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #10
Quote from: Glenn 88TC
all thje info posted above with names and times should really be deleted.  They will cancel the article and shootout if any info gets out early.

I'm on the list too.  Broke the car last night racing.  I guess we'll see if I can get it ready or not.

done,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #11
Quote from: shame302
wow...i agree, they can be weird about that stuff. they wouldnt think twice about dropping it if they fing out people have been yapping about it. as specially if it was after the shootout. they realy dont want the results out there untill press time. id bet anything they are watching out fir it and id bet they have been eyeballing this forum. i know they know about it...

i personally would love to see the shootout in print. there so stingy about putting tbirds in there mag...

fixed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
Wow, Im glad I emailed MM&FF.....;)
1988 Tbird Stock bottom end 306, Windsor Jr's, Explorer intake, 125 shot.
Best ET: 12.11 Best MPH: 113.8 1/4 mile

Reply #13
fixed
Well, almost...

I think that XXX XXXXX might be on here somewhere, I think he's from Greensburg, PA which is about a half hour or so east of me.
That would be me
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!