Skip to main content
Topic: Youve all seen my 85 here's my 86 (Read 2380 times) previous topic - next topic

Youve all seen my 85 here's my 86

hers the 86, Fully loaded with a 5.0,  power leather seats w/ lumbar, windows, mirrors, the drop down console in the rear, power gas lid and trunk.  everything was stripped off this one to be put on the 85

Reply #1
I like it:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #2
Sharp!!

Reply #3
Nice bird! I'm jealous of that spoiler..

Reply #4
Thanks guys , all the effects found thier way onto my 85.  Not sure if you can see it real well in the pick but all the molding was highlighted in a bright purple ??? wasnt my idea.

Reply #5
where in hades are you getting all these body kits? xD nice ride. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #6
Junk yards have 2 more i just found in the area going to get they want 200 for the whole car. kits included one even has a sunroof installed, looks factory but i dont know if they even came with factory sunroofs

Reply #7
Quote from: baXo
Nice bird! I'm jealous of that spoiler..

:iagree: Yeah, that is a nice spoiler.  Nice car too.  Look close at that car with the moonroof.  The Linc/Merc product facts book states moonroof availability starting on March 3, 1986 with the Cougar but I don't know if that was the same for TBirds.  I think it would be but ass_u....
Eric has looked into this before and the whole moonroof thing is kind of unclear.  Check that bird out and see if it has the production date inside the driver door jamb.  Let us know what you find out.  That roof should be the kind that retracts inside the headliner if its factory.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #8
Quote from: Cougars 2 go
:iagree: Yeah, that is a nice spoiler.  Nice car too.  Look close at that car with the moonroof.  The Linc/Merc product facts book states moonroof availability starting on March 3, 1986 with the Cougar but I don't know if that was the same for TBirds.  I think it would be but ass_u....
Eric has looked into this before and the whole moonroof thing is kind of unclear.  Check that bird out and see if it has the production date inside the driver door jamb.  Let us know what you find out.  That roof should be the kind that retracts inside the headliner if its factory.

It does retract when i go up ill get some dates off it.

Reply #9
, i've been looking for 83-86 ground effects for a long time. Wish junkyards in my area had that kind of stuff. Where are you from? ;) :D
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #10
I need that kind of rear spoiler. I pay top $$ for one you guys get from the yard.
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #11
Yeah, seriously is that spoiler a stock option, and will it fit on an 87?

Reply #12
I remember seeing a spoiler like that on a car around here. But that was in 1990. I haven't seen one since.
Sweet bird, I like your 85 more though.

Reply #13
I'm from SC Ill go get the spoilers i dont need them, ill let them go for 20 a peice, i would feel bad charging more than that knowing they are only fiberglass, whole kit for 200.  mainly cause i dont need any thing off the cars.  The spoilers are a 3 peice set.  Ground effects are a 4 peice set,  you guys pay shipping. Ill let you know when i get by there hard to do during the week so ill have to catch them on a weekend. will fit spoilers will fir 83-88 trunk lids didnt change i dont think, greound effects 83-86 for sure have to check on the 87-88. Keep an eye out in the for sale section.

Reply #14
Quote from: 5.0willgo
I remember seeing a spoiler like that on a car around here. But that was in 1990. I haven't seen one since.
Sweet bird, I like your 85 more though.

Thanks so do I.