Skip to main content
Topic: My engine bay.....lets see yours (Read 12491 times) previous topic - next topic

Cadillac 500

Reply #45
Cadillac 500

My engine bay.....lets see yours

Reply #47
Zx2 S/r

Reply #48
Quote from: Cad-T-Bird 500
Cadillac 500

Dude, that kicks ass.  I've been casually planning my engine transplant that I will do in a few years and someone plugged the thought of putting a GM drivetrain in my car because you get more bang for the buck.
Was it a real pain in the arse?
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #49
Here's some pics of my engine bay. Now ya don't have to find them off my car domain site :D .
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #50
Cougars 2 go, the swap all depends on how you are at making thing and how good of welder you are.  I don't think it would be any harder than the 460 swap and it's a lot lighter.  You can email me if you want to know more.

TED

Reply #51
Caddy engines are cool. I remember a guy i know had a '74 Fleetwood Brougham with the 500, and the engine bay was wall-to-wall engine, and it was a BIG engine bay!

It's really funny to hear GM guys talking about the Caddy "502" - I'll never know how that extra 2 cubic inches got tacked on there, though it may be due to the 502 Rat crate engine

Unfortunately gas is still over $3.80 a gallon here, so I don't think a big block of any kind will ever find its way into my car...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #52
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Caddy engines are cool. I remember a guy i know had a '74 Fleetwood Brougham with the 500, and the engine bay was wall-to-wall engine, and it was a BIG engine bay!

It's really funny to hear GM guys talking about the Caddy "502" - I'll never know how that extra 2 cubic inches got tacked on there, though it may be due to the 502 Rat crate engine

Unfortunately gas is still over $3.80 a gallon here, so I don't think a big block of any kind will ever find its way into my car...

:giggle: nah  thats because most people that owned or thought they knew all about caddy motors think it's a 502 but in realality the only motors they made from the factory and this is from the early sixtys thats as far back as i know is..
early to mid late 60's 429' and which some did come with a tri power carb setup, and in the late 60's made the 472's and in the early 70's to the mid 70's made the 500 not a 502!!! from there came the 425's and the 368's and the 368 came in the elldo's untill the early 80's and the 368,425,425,472,and the 500 where the same size block either stroke and bored or desroked and underbored from the factory.. not custom.. ;) the custom aftermarket bore and stroke was made first in the late 80's by cadillac motorsports and where in the mid to high 500 cubes..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #53
I still wanna see someone throw in a corvette engine. I know lots of people are against it, but 400 nearly bolt in horses sounds good to me
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #54
Well there was a thread on here about the Ls1 swap into a sn95 fox .  All in all the same thing.  From what I read on the site all you have to do is elongate two holes and relocate a small tab on each motor mount.
One 88

Reply #55
Now what I wan't to see is a rb26dett or a Supra engine.  Lol  Hey its an inline six!
One 88

Reply #56
Since we're showing other engine bays..........
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #57
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Since we're showing other engine bays..........

how are you liking the 05? ive been looking to buy one :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #58
how are you liking the 05? ive been looking to buy one

I'm diggin it!  For some info on how to void your warantee properly go here:D :  http://www.modularfords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #59
I still wanna see someone throw in a corvette engine. I know lots of people are against it, but 400 nearly bolt in horses sounds good to me

id rather get the 400 horses out of a 03-04 cobra engine. there under rated at 390 with most stock cobras getting nearly 390 at the rear wheel......
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~