Skip to main content
Topic: What's your record ? (Read 938 times) previous topic - next topic

What's your record ?

I'm going through a couple of hell weeks, I have 27 credit hours at university and it's midterm time. I'm holding down a job as a system admin and also have a contracting project due this week. On top of it all, I will be taking my GRE in two weeks, so I need to study for that. This week I have slept 4 hours each night since Tuesday; that puts me at 16 out of 96.

What's your record, and what tips do you have for keeping going ?

2003 Triumph Speed Four
1992 Dnepr MT-11 30rwhp "Gracie"

Re: What's your record ?

Reply #1
I have done bascially the same at work on the last week a project goes out.  Sleep about 10:00pm-2:30am, Sun-Sun, then pull an all nighter the day the project goes out, then go home about noon on Mon. and wake up the next day.  It's rough.  I get pretty cranky when I get no sleep.  The only thing that I found to be help is to eat often.  Not big meals, but eat something about every 2-3 hours.  1. it keeps your energy level up, and 2. it keeps breaks up the routine of what you were doing a little bit.  I have found to stay away from excessive amounts of caffeine as it will make you unbalanced, and you will tend to crash when it wears off.  The only time I will use lots caffeine/coffee is the night I plan to work all night and I know I can get some rest the next day at some point.  I had worked 70-80 hours a week up to a month while going to school full time.  I came out of that semester with about a 2.4 avg and I was proud of it.  I don't know how I survived it, but if you keep your goal in sight you can make it.  Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Reply #2
I go pretty much dead after 3 days with out a good amount of sleep. I can last 5 days though compleately dead. Drink moutian dew or frapps or coffee alot.  I admit it will not do a whole lot, but it will make you think that you are. It is all in a state of mind. It is possible to go weeks without sleep. Not recomended but it is possible.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
12 times in one day....oh wait...heh
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
Thanks for the advice guys. I don't really like coffee, but have bought some Red Bull, and I usually snack on something every now and then anyway. I'm up to 16/96, and I can tell I'm really tired, I will probably try to get a few more hours of sleep tonight, I wouldn't want to just crash  :flame: and then waste more time.

And, it's quality, not quantity :tg: !!!!

2003 Triumph Speed Four

Reply #5
And, it's quality, not quantity  !!!!

try some MONSTER ENERGY dude...its the best

~John~

Reply #6
I'm currently in Australia, Red Bull is the best thing I've seen around here. Since I figured I don't want a kick in the ass and then a huge crash, I decided to just dilute it 1/3 redbull 2/3 water and sip every now and then.

2003 Triumph Speed Four

Reply #7
I've never found Red Bull to be much of a "kick in the ass".. but maybe it's my years of heavy caffeine abuse. Probably better if you just pound down the Red Bull and then drink a bottle or glass of water.

Reply #8
yeah...monster is easilly like 2 red bulls in one. works great for me. its a little much for those who are sensitive to caffine...

~John~