Skip to main content
Topic: Newbie from Aberdeen,Maryland (Read 932 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie from Aberdeen,Maryland

Sayin HEY! :D Been a Ford freak all my life and owned many styles...since 83 fell in love with the aerobird and bought a new Turbocoupe in Oct of 1987. My son totaled it in 93 with 60K on it! :mad: Well...since then have about 12 TC's...some close to done and some just parts cars...has taken some time to get up to speed with the modifying part of it (don't claim to know much anyway!) and am trying to grow my knowledge of these cars along with theory of everything that goes with turbos, flow,thermodynamics, etc... have belonged to NATO and Turboford for about 2 yrs now...anyway...in my book...Thunderbird...the only way to fly! :D

Re: Newbie from Aberdeen,Maryland

Reply #1
Heh.. the only way to fly for about half the site.. the rest have their Cougars and (like me) the occasional Mark VII. :p Personally, I want one of each. At any rate, hope ya find the place useful.

Reply #2
Welcome...

Reply #3
welcome . glad to see you made it over here also .

if you havent noticed my name is the same on all boards except svt performance:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #4
Whats goin on Garry!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
Hey Thanks Ya'll :D I'm just partial to the TC's but do certainly appreciate ALL makes and models...I'm a car guy...There's a 88 5.0 XR7 in town that I've been eyeing for the last 7 months...80to 90K showing and is REALLY clean...little OLD LADY owns it...tryin to get the funds together... well off to a picnic...see ya!

Reply #6
welcome to the board!

Reply #7
Welcome nice to have a new member.

Reply #8
Hey, glad you joined. I live in Cecil County and am down around Aberdeen quite a bit. See you around.:)

Reply #9
My 'coupe is the only one in the area with a flat-black rear spoiler(tips missing) and SIDE exhaust...car is Met Red... your a White Cat???  I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya! :D

Reply #10
Welcome a board!  Nice to see another Marylander in there..

I'm putting the first 100's of miles on my Cougar that I just did the V6/V8 swap on.  It was a fun project and couldn't have done it without some other fellow Marylanders, and all the wisdom of the people on this board.

V6->V8HO 88 LS
5.0L V8 87 XR7

Reply #11
Welcome to the board.  It seems like there are quite a few of you all up there in the upper corner of Maryland and lower corner of PA.

I was just through that neck of the woods with After just this past Saturday.  I was wondering if I would see anyone on the road.  I saw some dude in a red MN12 Bird and that was it.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #12
hey garry, good to see you on here also!:D
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.