Skip to main content
Topic: 4.6L DOHC engine w/tranny in Illinois (Read 1426 times) previous topic - next topic

4.6L DOHC engine w/tranny in Illinois

4.6L DOHC engine and 4R70W transmission out of a 93 Lincoln Mark VII for sale. Comes with extra set of heads. For sale or trade. $700.00 or trade for Talon, Eclipse, Lazer, Mustang, LTD II, Fairmont,
80's Malibu, anything interesting.
Thanks.
Kerry....... :headbang:

Located outside Bloomington, IL. :D

Re: 4.6L DOHC engine w/tranny in Illinois

Reply #1
you mean mark 8. And this is more of a fox tbird/cougar forum not really a trade for talon eclipse laser mustang ltd2 or fairmons forum.....Try a mustang board or maybe http://www.cougarnuts.com there more oriented twoard the parts that that engine/tranny would fit in.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Actually, Haystack, if you look at the title of this particular forum it's for items that are not fox T-Bird/Cougar related. Personally I'd love to have that engine/tranny for a 4.6 DOHC swap into my '88 Thunderbird. With a 4.6 Mustang K-member it'll fit.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #3
Chicken,
I'm with you!  I'd take that motor/tranny in a heartbeat if $$ wasn't such a factor.  Heck, he's right in my backyard!  I'd put it in a Fox car, an MN12, or my '98 F150 4.6 16V.  I've always wanted a 4.6 32V.  Maybe if I'm really nice to the wife.......

Reply #5
Thanks guys! Yeah I got in a hurry and left a "I" out, sorry. Plus I'm open to trades of anything interesting that I could use. Cars, trucks, parts, tool boxes, tools, ?????????????
Thanks.......
Kerry.......

Reply #6
Oh boy what kinda parts are you looking for?

Reply #7
Whatcha got????????????
Kerry....... :dunno:

Reply #8
Lots of 5.0 parts all stock stuff. Body stuff for fox bird, cougar and Mark VII.

Reply #9
How about a line on a Mark VII or T-Bird that needs some TLC??????
Kerry.......

Reply #10
What year Mark and what year Bird?

Reply #11
Preferably pre steering wheel air bag. I had a 1989 Mark VII that was pretty cool. T-Birds...hmmm...mid-eighties to mid-nineties? Not too picky. Or an LTD II wagon or a Fairmont wagon. Just something odd and interesting to me.
Kerry.......

Reply #12

how good are you at body work?
The rest of the car is straight.

Oh its a 91 and have an 86 that is kinda bad off in the garage.

Reply #13
I've been known to straighten and paint a few in my life. Where is this car? Are there more pics anywhere? Any idea what year and condition of the interior and engine/trans? Interested.
Kerry.......

Reply #14
Sitting im my parents drive way in Chillicothe.

Trans is strong. Engine ran when parked its missing the upper intake and injectors. They are on my cougar. Have lots of extras to go with the car. Interios is ok. Little dirty and needs a few panels bolted back down but all there. The pics in the users rides are the only one I have right now. Its a 91.