Skip to main content
Topic: adding a new t-bird to the flock! (Read 2246 times) previous topic - next topic

adding a new t-bird to the flock!

just by chance I flipped through the local 'Bargain Finder' last thursday and spotted an '82 thunderbird for sale, its white like my '80 but it was originally silver same guy owned it since new till last year when the second owner (an older woman) bought it and decided its too fast for her so shes selling it. has the 255/c4 A/C and a couple other power accessories, 102,000 Original km and most of all no rot! very little surface rust underneath since it wasnt undercoated. the only bad part is the interior is red and pretty fadded but the interior in my '80 is in great condition so i'm set, plus I got that 351W sitting around :D hopefully it will follow me home on the 9th, I would get it sooner but i'm  leaving to vancouver tomorrow morning for a week but shes gonna hold it for me. I'm soo excited! i've been looking for a couple years for a solid one under a grand near here and I finally lucked out! will try to get some pics up when I get it for anyone interested. gotta run off to my other job now though
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Re: adding a new t-bird to the flock!

Reply #1
Sounds cool. Do post pics!!

Reply #2
Pics please!
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #3
I know i'm a little slow but heres a few pics from the day I got it home, rides Awesome, purs like a kitten and will actually break the tires loose from a stop unlike my '80. Has the same 255 but got AOD, 'deluxe' interior, pdl, and A/C as options, was originally silver but was repainted in the mid 90's I believe.

Reply #4
heres the 'bordello red' interior, its in decent shape but i'm going to put the blue interior in to it eventually and repaint it inside and out, dunno about the 351W for this one, might keep the 1980 for my fun  :evilgrin:

Reply #5
Cool, another boxy Fox.

Power door locks and manual windows?!?!?!?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #6
Looks good! :D

Reply #7
Awesome... that's step one to cornering the market on Box Birds.

Reply #8
Got out to the tbirds today for a visit, didnt get them started, my spare battery was dead (thanks chris :rolleyes: ) but its on the charger tonight.

Here they are waking up, the 80 still looks a bit drowsy :p

Heres the fadded areas on the tranny tunnel, looks like ass

Reply #9
WHY?!

This actually looks kinda pimp :tg:

The vintage floormats that came with it

And the crusty fenders 80 top and 82 bottom. One good fender on the 80 (from 81 parts car) but the rest are trash, the drivers fender on the 82 seems to be oozing something yellow.....

Reply #10
The engine bay, 255/aod, I thought I found a tag before saying it was converted but I couldnt find it this last time, might still be R12

Hoping I can get them out in a week or so, still a little snowed in. Cant wait to get working on it again, i'm tired of working on the sprint although I have to do the engine in my old one this week :yuck: