Skip to main content
Topic: option delete bird? (Read 4440 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: option delete bird?

Reply #15
Andrew (4thqtr) has a really stripped-down XR7 kinda like the one you described.

Reply #16
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Andrew (4thqtr) has a really stripped-down XR7 kinda like the one you described.

Geez Brian, just because my dome light is a little funky doesn't mean it's "stripped down"!  :shakehead  (oh, sweet, new smilies!)  ;)

Well, ok, it's a weird one. Has keyless entry, premium sound, etc. but neither seat is powered and there are no map reading lights.  :dunno:  The plan is to convert both seats to power in the cat, and convert both seats in the TC to non-power (since it doesn't have power locks...hmmm)
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #17
I always get a kick out of seeing the ones with a split bench seat and a totally flat black insert where all the power windows/seats/mirror switches should be.

switches are overrated anyway :(
The Birdman wouldn't lie!

Reply #18
hah, i thought mine had no options! I only had power mirrors and a metalic paint job with an am/fm radio! Oh yeah, no glove box light, I guess it was a really end of the run 88. Besides, just make your own switches like me. It goes master, fuel pump, ignition, and then whatever I feel like.

Reply #19
Speaking of option-delete, I found this interesting Cougar on ebay. Ground effects, ARE wheels, but armstrong windows. Note the manual cranks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4505706338&category=6339
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
I want to shoot that person for using those tires.. :2gunsfiri :rice:

Reply #21
1988 Cougar (parts car) 3.8
 no a/c
 premium sound
 power mirrors
 c/c and tilt

My sister's 1988 t-bird (base model)
 5.0L
 a/c
 premium sound
 power mirrors

Reply #22
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Speaking of option-delete, I found this interesting Cougar on ebay. Ground effects, ARE wheels, but armstrong windows. Note the manual cranks:
]

Nothing wrong with manual crank windows.... my GS has em..

Reply #23
Quote from: not Batman
switches are overrated anyway :(

Kick ass!  Lightweight factory racer!  :bowdown:
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #24
Y'all have to remember that in some years, power windows or power mirrors were standard. So a "stripped" model will vary from year to year. I have seen some pretty stripped cars though. A few years ago there was an '87 T-Bird in the boneyard that was about the most stripped I've seen. Crank windows, V6, no a/c and no rear defroster (back window was smashed though). Amazing that those cars even existed.

Reply #25
I picked up an '83 Fairmont 2.3l with no options.  The seats dont recline, manual: brakes, windows, locks, trans, steering.  It has no A/C and the radio delete.  Wonder how much it cost new.  Has anyone seen a tbird/coug with the stereo delete?

Nick

Reply #26
I've seen them with AM/FM radios...I thought they had AM only option back in 1983, but I can't remember.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #27
Quote from: stuntmannick
I picked up an '83 Fairmont 2.3l with no options.  The seats dont recline, manual: brakes, windows, locks, trans, steering.  It has no A/C and the radio delete.  Wonder how much it cost new.  Has anyone seen a tbird/coug with the stereo delete?

Nick

I bought a Fairmount brand new in '80, about the same as that only with the straight six, cost $5350.00 out the door. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo