Skip to main content
Topic: Custom Cobra intake plate design wanted. Graphic guys come in here :) (Read 2645 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom Cobra intake plate design wanted. Graphic guys come in here :)

Well I'm really tired of the cobra intake plate, I ripped it off today. I'm looking for something unique that we all can be proud of. Something that reflexs our community of tbirds/cougars/marks, and something that everyone would want to be a part of. We can vote on a final design and take it from there.

I'm looking for a logo the proper size that will fit the cobra intake and the standard mustang/explorer intake so we will need 2 designs and most likely a smaller one that will fit a gt-40 upper (tom put that kenmore plate down don't even think about it HAHAHAHA).

Maybe it's me or the beer  :giggle:  but aren't you guys tired of the mustang stuff and would like something of our own?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Custom Cobra intake plate design wanted. Graphic guys come in here :)

Reply #1
Here's a quick job. It's not scaled correctly and if it was, the design might not fit on the size of the plate. But here's what I would do for a T-Bird with the Cobra manifold.

Reply #2
Been there, done that... ;)

However...this is one of the few areas of the car that has remained unique and I'd like to keep it that way. But I'd gladly help design something for ya, Bob. I have the template already made to scale. Let me work on something.

Reply #3
I found a capri one I'll post the pic. Eric's is nice too btw. I'm thinking of one design for everyone. Maybe it would be too much to ask.

The is the plate on mikes capri.. really nice car. Hope he doesn't mind that I'm posting a pic of it  :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
However...this is one of the few areas of the car that has remained unique and I'd like to keep it that way

I understand what your saying coming from a show car stand point. It needs to be unique. I'm looking for something for us guys who don't really care about shows and judges and would want something nice for the track... and that shows support for the what we are all about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
Give me some dims on it and I could try and make a 3d model of it with different designs. And I have a friend with a CNC machine I could try and talk into making some.

Reply #7
The 4th and 5th are very nice IMO
Are those to scale Eric? They look like it.

Reply #8
Fred, I have them in a vector line art format (Illustrator) that can be infinitely scaled. I scanned my hand-formed aluminum plate and made the drawing to the plate for an exact fit; it's done in vinyl.

Reply #9
Cool. I was using the py paint program that is standard with windows  :rollin: 
I really need to get some good programs.

Reply #10
I only wish I had the right year of car for that. Oh well I love my 84 anyway. Eric those look badass.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #11
I like the 5th too... theres something about the red that looks cool. Plus I have the fms ford red wires too so the red is very welcome :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
Eric can I got the 4th and 5th in Illustrator format. A guy I work with wanted to help me with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Bob, I don't have the files with me...I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get home.

Reply #14
Cool thanks again
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]