Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 Thunderbird (Read 2046 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 Thunderbird

I finally got this thing registered after 3 long years of fighting with DMV. Now I am going to complete the kit I made and paint her up. Check her out........
http://biggrgivens.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album04
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Re: My 87 Thunderbird

Reply #1
Homemade? Looks good. Nice rims too. True TC?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #2
Added a front shot. Car is dumped on H&R lowering springs. Intstalling a FMS rear spoiler and creating side skirts and rear skirts since I cant find the FMS ones I want. Big NPR intercooler, hence the big opening up front. Built motor. Pics soon
Motorsport FMIC, Boport 1.5, Boblee header, gutted upper, profiled lower, phenolic spacer, Accufab fpr, LA3, Boport stage 3 big valve head, 57 trim/stage III Perfromance Techniques custom turbo, stinger 3" DP and custom 3"exhaust, AEM wideband, custom aluminum carnk pulley, Merkur custom A/C setup, PA performance high output 3G alt, dual oil catcj cans, Motorsport Valve cover,full Motorcraft tune up kit, 22psi of LOCO!!

Reply #3
nice custom front spoiler :)

Reply #4
That looks good. You say you have pieces made for the sides and rear?

Reply #5
In the process of making them.

Reply #6
No offense man but its a little too import lookin for me.  However I do respect the amount of work I'm sure you've put into that.  You mention a built motor, what kind of engine mods do you have or have planned?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #7
oooo more pics.. more pics... hehe. Nice. lots of work, a bit importy  I like a more subdued look, but it is clean and looks nice.

What have you done to the motor?

Reply #8
Quote from: Funky Cricket
oooo more pics.. more pics... hehe. Nice. lots of work, a bit importy  I like a more subdued look, but it is clean and looks nice.

What have you done to the motor?

Already on....
Gutted upper, profiled and ported lower, 65mm TC SC TB, A237 cam, ported head with big valves, underdrive pulley, boblee header, accufab fpr, T3/T4 with 57 trim and .63 turbine housing, Stinger 3" downpipe, rebuilt short block with about 20 miles on it so far, Forge BPV, Big NPR IC, Essy cam adj cam pulley and tensioner.

Soon to be installed after 3 long years of DMV BS!!!....
ATR downpipe and wastegate, and EEC Tuner, ATR duals, 3" high flow cat, high flow Y pipe to the duals.

Should be good for 300+ power.

I am sure once I am done the "old schoolers" will not like my 87. They will like my 86 because it will retain that old school style and even old school upgrades. My 87 will be beyond unique when done, I might even install some lambo door hinges. If you look close at the head lights, I have all clear lenses. Once buffed out and pics taken when not raining, you'll see the difference.  ITS GONNA BE WICKED SICK!!!!!!

Reply #9
that is one serious motor.. nice. hey, it may not be my flavor, but that is gunna do the TC crowd proud if it as fast as it has the potential to be.
you don't need a civic to have a fast 4.

just no big wings please..  :P