Skip to main content
Topic: Ridin' on chrome! (Read 4170 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ridin' on chrome!

Reply #15
Body looks much better but I aint feelin the wheels at all. Sorry...

Reply #16
Does the rims look alright? Do you think it's stupid that they stick out the side of the car real far?

No and yes. I like the rest of the car, though. ;) But if I saw that car around town, I'd laugh at it. I happen to think a wheel should never stick out beyond the fender. Otherwise, you have wheel gap a mile high just to give yourself room for susp. travel. Plus, you end up throwing rocks and shiznit at other peoples' winshields.

Reply #17
No offense but wheels look horrible IMO.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #18
coming along nicely except for the reverse offset rims.. not to my taste, too much 1993 minitruck for me, and like that it is bad for your wheel bearings cause the weight doesn't sit right.

Reply #19
Well i love the feedback.  I retook pictures and hopefully this will give you a better idea of what it's like in person.  The other pics were when the car was wet and i think the glossy look makes them look stupid.  This is what it looks like just flat black.  I can't help but think i will keep them, cause i don't think it's that bad.  I kinda like the stance still.  :sorry:
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #20
Hmmm.. liked it better wet.

Reply #21
really gives it a 4x4 truck look. I kinda like it though. If they didnt poke out that much it would be cool.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #22
I heard a long time ago that that was illegal down here.. (having the tires poking out past the fenders) but I see so many people doing it, I don't know. Don't know how it is up there either.

Reply #23
I just have to compliment haystack for being a punk rawker.

Rancid is the greatest band ever!

And on to more about logan ohio.  The cops are stupid, and will pull you over for everything under the sun, however i haven't gotten pulled over for the rims or the loud pipes.  Since i've been ticketed for everything else i guess the rims and the pipes are legal. :D  But i hope to have a new burnout video soon.  I want to show the car in motion.  Plus i really don't mind having bald tires since i don't drive the car cause it gets me pulled over everytime. 

All in all, i don't mind the 4x4 look since it's still pretty low to the ground.  I consider this car a beater and the header panel is messed up from me rampin the  outta it on some dirt hills.  And i gotta mention that this car use to have hydros on it so my main goal was to keep it pimpin but still keep it stock.

now i have to go fight the urge to tear up that beautiful parkinglot that it next to my house.  (or just do it real fast and hope i don't get caught)
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #24
So you dont really like the car that much and you are tearing the hell out of it?
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #25
:hick:  John does run the hell out of that bird.  Seen burnouts and ramping and even been with him kinda rally racing the thing.  Oh and john call me up if you do the burnout video again I want to see it in person!
One 88

Reply #26
I need someone to video tape it... i'm pretty much free tomorrow!  But really... i do love the car, it's tough and reliable so it can take the abuse.  I can fix anything that i break so breaking it and fixing it gives me something to do!  That was a new header panel but i broke it... i'm gonna do such a burnout that it'll kill a tire or a tranny!  But definitly some blacktop! w00t.

Project Thread with pics

Reply #27
yea well tonite my mc shot completely while cruizin some im stuck up shiznit creek without a paddle. light came on and everything. it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #28
Sorry to hear about your cougar.  Was it the tranny?
Don't give up on her yet, just remember it's a time of crisis and she needs you, and your wallet.

Project Thread with pics

Reply #29
Now master cylinder. I knew it was bad, no pressure. But i was stopped at a stoplight with cruizing with a girl i like and the brake light came on and the mc popped really loud. After that i had almost no pressure and the pads would squeak and grind really bad. Had to drive in 1st to get home. Well i guess now is the time to get that fixed and also to pop in a new alternator, since my system has virtually screwed it up. Tranny whines real bad and I had it worked on, one of the valves was unbolted. Now she whines and it gets annoying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]