Skip to main content
Topic: switchin seats. (Read 1434 times) previous topic - next topic

switchin seats.

im plannin on entirely redoing the interior of my 86 bird. i really dislike the big center cosole between the seats and want to get rid of everything.  by doing that, i wont be able to move the drivers seat, hence being electric.  can the passanger lumbar seat swap in the drivers side without to much modification?  and can the drivers swap with the passanger? i dont mind the pass seat being stationary if a awap is possible. thanks.

Re: switchin seats.

Reply #1
I think that they will swap, I didnt think of that when I got rid of the consolette.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
yeah, just switch the seat rails when your swaping them.

Reply #3
You can use manual driver seat tracks in place of your power ones and still use your current seat.  That is if I understand what you are trying to do.  Just find a non power seat  car. The other issue is window and mirror switches (if you got them).  Perhaps you can adapt some generic ones like they sell in the help parts brand or use some  from another car which utilizes a door panel mount, or maybe relocate your current ones to the center stack maybe in place of the ciggy lighter panel