Skip to main content
Topic: 0 oil pressure.... (Read 842 times) previous topic - next topic

0 oil pressure....

So I finally got around to checking the oil pressure.  Something I should have done ages ago I grant you but I'm still new at this.  So with my trusty $10 oil gauge plugged in I recorded the initial oil pressure at about 45 PSI (it's got 30W oil).  10 minutes in oil pressure was around 12.  Then I put the car in gear and it dropped like a rock...might be a few PSI since the gauge goes in increments of 25 but still it's pretty down there.  I'm mostly just venting at this point because it's obvious I need a new engine in there.  Oh well.  I'll manage it.
1983 Thunderbird-302 HO, Holley 650 CFM 4150 DP, Weiand Stealth Intake, Dual-Snorkel Air Cleaner,  Holley Fuel Pump, Procomp HEI Distributor, B&M Holeshot 2400 Converter, Custom 2 1/4 duals with no cats and BBK shorties, Taurus Fan Conversion, FMS Grill, much more to come....

"In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make" - Paris Hilton

Re: 0 oil pressure....

Reply #1
id put some 20w 50 in it and if i doesnt knock i would drive it till it started knocking

and get a good oil pressure gauge one that doesnt read in 25 pnd increments
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Re: 0 oil pressure....

Reply #2
Very important to get a good guage and to make sure it reads correctly.  My brand new Snap-On guage is going back because it reads low....Tested the pressure iwth TWO OTHER GUAGES and they read identical while my brand new one read 7 PSI low on all accounts.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!