Skip to main content
Topic: ' 87 Xr7 Lsc (Read 2379 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ' 87 Xr7 Lsc

Reply #1
Needs some work, but over nice!

Reply #2
Sweet, I love those Wheels! Can never seem to get my grubby mitts on a set of those wheels. From Rwolf's comments I expected a rust bucket. lol. I guess he's talking about the engine compartment, because the outside is clean IMO. :dunno:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
Looks like it's coming along nicely Kevin..
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
Very nice. Those wheels look great on it.

Reply #5
nice ride man.

Reply #6
Thanks All!

As you can see from the engine pictures, it still needs "finished up"
 The FORD RACING box next to the coil is my GM HEI module hidden under the plastics.
  This car is set up with  mechanical fuel pump, that uses the stock main nylon fuel line and filter wih a modified pick up in the tank.
  I have 2003 Mustang GT front springs in the front, and will be getting a set of Cargo Coils to help out with the trailer(look closely and you will see a drawtite hitch under the bumper)

All I have to do now is install the plugs and wires,upper radiator hose,instal a fuel filter in front of the carb(600 Holley)attached the acel cable and it will be running.
    As far as the body goes, I have T/C Doors to replace the rusted out ones on the car now.The Turbo Coupe hood I tried to sell, will find it's way on this to make the air feed into the aircleaner(love how that worked out) I have removed the reflectors on the tail light assy's and blacked out the grille. I also have a set of side cornering lamps, I may install, dont know yet.... I'll up date you as soon I can tell all's well.

Kevin

Reply #7
How does the car run with the carb?  I have a new carb and intake waiting for my car and I'm interested to hear your views on it.

Reply #8
I'll let you know how the carb combo works out as soon as I get the new cam in....that's right going to go for some rumpity rumpity.....

More pic's as soon as I get the updates finished..

Thanks All!!!!!!!      Kevin

Reply #9
Definitively super nice car. I like it very very much, for the nice setup (5.0 LITER Carbed 5 SPEED) and looks a straight car. If i need to choose an engine combo, ill choose one like yours. Keep us Informed.

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150