Skip to main content
Topic: chuck w seat braces for subframe connectors - $70 shipped (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

chuck w seat braces for subframe connectors - $70 shipped

first, kudos to Chuck W for open sourcing his design!

I had 20 sets of these made.  They're made from 11 gauge steel - the guy who cut and bent them for me had an abundance of 11 gauge steel available.  The small radius cut next to the notch in the one seat brace denotes that it's for the passenger side. 

$70 shipped via USPS priority mail.  Paypal friends & family or add a few bucks for fees!

Reply #1
Helpful hint for installing.

- The seat studs are a little short to attach nuts to, to bolt these to the floor. I recommend removing them (Kind of a pain, but possible with a stud extractor, or welding a nut to them), then replacing them with bolts. They are M12-1.75 and M8-1.25 thread. 40mm bolts are long enough. You'll need about 6-8mm of spacers between the floor and the brace on the M8 bolt.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #2
Quote from: Chuck W;465186
Helpful hint for installing.

- The seat studs are a little short to attach nuts to, to bolt these to the floor. I recommend removing them (Kind of a pain, but possible with a stud extractor, or welding a nut to them), then replacing them with bolts. They are M12-1.75 and M8-1.25 thread. 40mm bolts are long enough. You'll need about 6-8mm of spacers between the floor and the brace on the M8 bolt.

thanks for the info, Chuck.

I'm a bit jealous...I had subframe connectors put on my car before I had these seat braces cut and bent.  my fabricator buddy used some 2X2 square tubing to basically mimic your design as best as possible for the seat braces.

Reply #3
for reference sake, can i see a pic of a set of these installed?

Reply #4
Quote from: bootleggers deluxe;465207
for reference sake, can i see a pic of a set of these installed?

the best I have is them sitting on a piece of square tubing.

Reply #5
I would buy a set but my subframes are round tube (Global West units) so with the square notch already in them they won't work for me.  Any chance you can bend a set up without the relief for the subframe?  I can put that in myself.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #6
Quote from: Aerocoupe;465339
I would buy a set but my subframes are round tube (Global West units) so with the square notch already in them they won't work for me.  Any chance you can bend a set up without the relief for the subframe?  I can put that in myself.

let me look into it and get back to you!

Reply #7
Dumb question but will these fit if you already have subframe connectors welded in? Because I'm in that situation :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Quote from: thunderjet302;465380
Dumb question but will these fit if you already have subframe connectors welded in? Because I'm in that situation :hick:.

You might be able to finagle them between the floorpan and SFC and then get them into position. The other hassle would be getting them welded up across the top of the SFC. Might be tight.

Reply #9
Hmm. I may have to look at what I've got and see if I can makes these work.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #10
Quote from: thunderjet302;465399

If you have enough room to get in and weld on the top of the SFC tube, you could always cut the overhang off of the "inside" of the front of the brace, so it'll just slide in from the outside. (The section from the notch, inward)

Reply #11
Quote from: thunderjet302;465399

shoot me a PM if you want a set - they'll be here!