Skip to main content
Topic: DR Who tardis gadget, what the heck is going on here? (Read 1645 times) previous topic - next topic

DR Who tardis gadget, what the heck is going on here?

this has six AAA batteries, no power chord.
see link to a vid
that the heck is going on here..............???????????????

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2c2qolmuusvub0/Tardis%20gadget%20mystery.mp4?dl=0

Reply #1
Electromagnetic levitation (or suspension from both ends).  Pretty cool little toy.  The geek in me really likes this one...  I don't know if there's enough power generation for time travel, though. 

Daniel

Reply #2
I was watching videos on the eddy effect. Where you drop a magnet down a copper tube and it drops slowly, even though copper is basically not magnetic at all.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #4
i think i might have figured it out

the paper work , it says the red led on the back comes on when your ready to let go of the tardis.
there is a white LED on the back for a low battery indicator.

under a mangefying glass i see inside this white colored led,, beause i saw too many wires going to it making it suspect.

i think the white led is dual purpose, it lights up when the battery is low.  the system operates at 9vdc but this particular LED prob comes on when the voltage is like lets say 6v.  inside the LED i can see more stuff in there other than a lighting element.  i think i see what might be a photo sensor.

althought he paperwork does not say so,  apparently this white LED is dual purpose in that when the lights are off, apparently you are not "using" the toy so it shuts down.

its my only explaination so far.

its a good thing spelling isnt graded here.

Reply #5
Quote from: jcassity;463907

its a good thing spelling isnt graded here.

Just remember which is which when you write up your next proposal, the customer may think you're installing a electronic organ... No doubt at several Kw capability, it'd be a BIG organ...

Reply #6
Power chords and big organs....

Are we talkin' about sock stuffin' rock bands or did Scott get his wires and keyboards mixed up?

It's all revealed on next week's episode!
Tune in and find out!

:rollin:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
chord,, yeah this is a problem that goes back to my days in avionics.  wrote it, typed it, said it so many times it erased any evidence of the word cord.

But yeah, i do tend to get my wives mixed up since im married to a gemini.

Reply #8
Quote from: jcassity;463939
chord,, yeah this is a problem that goes back to my days in avionics.  wrote it, typed it, said it so many times it erased any evidence of the word cord.

But yeah, i do tend to get my wives mixed up since im married to a gemini.

Ya know, with a specially cut chord of wood, you could have Christmas music playin' out of that new stove...  :rollin: