Skip to main content
Topic: power seat motors (Read 1306 times) previous topic - next topic

power seat motors

hi all,

all of my power seat options seem to work except my rear tilt...when you push the button forward, you can hear it doing something but when you push the button backwards, nothing at all happens (I'm going off memory at the moment).  being that I'm 6'2", I definitely need to get this fixed to make the car more enjoyable to drive!

rather than buying a new motor on ebay (they do exist!), I'm going to try calling around to a few junk yards to see what they have.  my question is: what make/model/year car can I have them pull a motor from that'll be a direct fit and function for my '87 TC?

thanks!

power seat motors

Reply #1
If you are interested, I can sell you the entire power seat assembly base for $40 + shipping, but these things are heavy (about 25 lbs. boxed)and shipping can be high. I just sent one to Washington state from Virginia and that was about $35 via UPS.

power seat motors

Reply #2
Brian
please see if you have the computer that you may or may not have found under a drivers seat.
that would be a memory seat module.

as always, i am still interesed in all the electronics "boxes" you come across

power seat motors

Reply #3
Quote from: 50RACER;463522
If you are interested, I can sell you the entire power seat assembly base for $40 + shipping, but these things are heavy (about 25 lbs. boxed)and shipping can be high. I just sent one to Washington state from Virginia and that was about $35 via UPS.

I sent you a PM.

power seat motors

Reply #4
Quote from: jcassity;463523
Brian
please see if you have the computer that you may or may not have found under a drivers seat.
that would be a memory seat module.

as always, i am still interesed in all the electronics "boxes" you come across

I don't have any of the Memory Seat Module because the only cars that I've taken apart are 87-88 Turbo Coupes and they don't have them. I do have bunch of the electronics like I sent you before. I have 3 or 4 of the fuse box harnesses and each of those have  a bunch of them attached to the harness..

power seat motors

Reply #5
yeah,, what ever you come across thats in a box with wires hangin off it i am interested.

I am sending out stuff to people who have broke stuff when they ask and i hate to see that stuff end up in the trash.

dont forget the trunk behind the back rest,,theres sometimes a lot of junk mounted back there on cars with lots of features

power seat motors

Reply #6
for anyone else who might come across this thread while searching the web, what actual seat tracks and motors can be pulled from other cars that'll bolt directly to the 87-88 TC floor and seats?