Skip to main content
Topic: no interior lights (Read 1713 times) previous topic - next topic

no interior lights

none of my interior lights work (dome, vanity, etc.) - not when you open any of the doors, nor when you use the switch on the dash to force the lights to come on.

where should I start with trying to troubleshoot this issue?  I'm a bit of a car newbie..

thanks!

no interior lights

Reply #1
check fuse 8

also, make use of the evtm in my sig below and either save as or print out page 21 for future fuse panel definitions.

no interior lights

Reply #2
Quote from: jcassity;463367
check fuse 8

also, make use of the evtm in my sig below and either save as or print out page 21 for future fuse panel definitions.

thanks, I'll check on that fuse over the weekend!

no interior lights

Reply #3
had a chance to check that #8 fuse today...it was indeed blown.  every time I put a new fuse in there, it'd blow immediately.  I'll need to chase down that issue.

no interior lights

Reply #4
turns out fuse #8 was blowing because the previous owner crushed a wire in the headliner when he reattached the passenger sun visor...my buddy Brian chased down that issue.  after taping up the crushed wire and replacing the fuse, it basically fixed all of my electrical/lighting issues except for my side mirrors..they're still not working.  I'm hoping the switch contacts are just dirty...