Skip to main content
Topic: turbo coupe vs ls prop valve (Read 1123 times) previous topic - next topic

turbo coupe vs ls prop valve

hey guys

just starting my tc axle swap today on my 87 cougar and was thinking, would it be easier to swap the internals from my tc prop valve to my cougar instead of adding fitting adapters to go one size up or running larger lines to the back?

i know i still need an adapter from my stock lines to the axle line.

anyone know if the valve bodies are internally different other then that the rear brake fittings are larger

Thank you

X

Reply #1
I just had my brother 83 birds apart.  It looks just like that, with the same colored components.  That is all I can say, unsure if they are dimensionally the same.

I bolted in a TC valve in my 88 Cougar, just bolted right in without issue.
Mike

Reply #2
I installed the TC proportioning valve in my swap as well, and the Maximum Motorsport line adapter. No cutting or mods, just connect it all together.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..