Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone tried these??? (Read 2772 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone tried these???

X

Has anyone heard anything about these? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Theyre probably better than the sealed beam halogens that our cars have.

Kyle
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #1
If you think the 4x6's suck, you oughta try a 87-88 car...

Something makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, being able to replace an entire headlight for $8
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Anyone tried these???

Reply #2
What also sucks is seeing those bright ass mothershagers on a car, poorly aimed, and having macular degeneration....

That said, if I was behind such a light, it would be a whole other ball game LOL

(what I really hate are those blue lights, those kill my eyesight at night)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Anyone tried these???

Reply #3
Quote from: kylesburrell;458520
X

Has anyone heard anything about these? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Theyre probably better than the sealed beam halogens that our cars have.

Kyle

Man I hate those things. Unless the car came factory with HID or LED headlamps the conversions suck. Especially the cheap ones. The aim is poor, light output so so, and they blind everyone. They are the main reason I added an auto-dim rear view mirror to my Thunderbird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #4
Drive an 87-88 car with mint or NOS lights.... Not some hazed out neglected ones.  Huge difference.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Anyone tried these???

Reply #5
Seems like the general consensus is: No. Don't get those lol
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #6
Quote from: V8Demon;458528
Drive an 87-88 car with mint or NOS lights.... Not some hazed out neglected ones.  Huge difference.

I did, big improvement, but not great. Really needs the relay mod. My NOS lights are already hazing over. Plastic NOS parts that are 30 years only go so far! :eek:
My new car has OEM LED headlights. They're quite an improvement over anything else I've driven.
Would like to vacuum form new lenses and put in an HID setup. Will probably never happen given my current output.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #7
Quote from: JeremyB;458533
I did, big improvement, but not great. Really needs the relay mod. My NOS lights are already hazing over. Plastic NOS parts that are 30 years only go so far! :eek:
My new car has OEM LED headlights. They're quite an improvement over anything else I've driven.
Would like to vacuum form new lenses and put in an HID setup. Will probably never happen given my current output.

Contact T-BirdX3 about his lenses.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #8
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;458523
What also sucks is seeing those bright ass mothershagers on a car, poorly aimed, and having macular degeneration....

That said, if I was behind such a light, it would be a whole other ball game LOL

There's only one way to add HID lights to a car that didn't come with them.  Anybody who just puts rebased S type HID bulbs in reflectors is just throwing tons of light downroad with the precision of a hand grenade.  And most of THOSE douchenozzles are running 8000 kelvin bulbs so they're stupidly blue.  REAL HIDs are just under white (4300 kelvin), and they don't burn peoples retinas out like fried bacon.  So I'm going to quit this subject before the soapbox comes all the way out.  #peace

Anyone tried these???

Reply #9
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;458534
Contact T-BirdX3 about his lenses.
I had forgotten about that thread. May be a while though. He hasn't visited in 8 months!

Anyone tried these???

Reply #10
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;458523

Easy solution. Just close your eye when you see those coming. Problem solved.
It's Gumby's fault.

Anyone tried these???

Reply #11
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;458535
There's only one way to add HID lights to a car that didn't come with them.  Anybody who just puts rebased S type HID bulbs in reflectors is just throwing tons of light downroad with the precision of a hand grenade.  And most of THOSE douchenozzles are running 8000 kelvin bulbs so they're stupidly blue.  REAL HIDs are just under white (4300 kelvin), and they don't burn peoples retinas out like fried bacon.  So I'm going to quit this subject before the soapbox comes all the way out.  #peace

ive speculated over the past few years that some law soon to come will be passed to micro manage headlamps based on your points.
its awful , even some oem lights that are not making driving at night in the rain a fair battle when two cars (myself and the other guy) are headed towards eachother.

my headlamp reflector mods + lense clean up + flash to pass mod buring both elements in high beam made a world of difference.