Skip to main content
Topic: Gauging Interest: Drivetrain from project (Read 2062 times) previous topic - next topic

Gauging Interest: Drivetrain from project

It's will really heavy heart that I am posting this. 

I took a new role at work a year ago, and I'm only getting busier.  It looks like I will be running a startup division, which will take all my attention next year.  Since I haven't touched this really in a year, I need to clear out the garage.  Since I have bought many parts from folks on the forum, and have gotten a lot of good insight into these cars, I'm posting this to see if there's any interest in any of this stuff "whole" before I start tearing it apart. 

I was building a really nice project, but now, I'm traveling way too much to dedicate any more home time to it.  As you'll see below, I had collected quite a lot of high quality components, and since most of this stuff is put together, I thought someone might be interested.  I'd really rather not strip this apart piece by piece, but if I have to, I can certainly do that. 

Everything is located in Central Illinois, but I get to Chicago weekly (flying out tomorrow).

Front:  Everything to convert to cobra brakes, including new ford racing (2004 mach 1) control arms, rebuilt cobra calipers (with lettering+ G2 caliper paint), new Hawk pads, new rotors, rebuilt spindles with new timken hubs, new brake lines, sn95 springs, and other I'm certain I'm forgetting.

Rear:  Rebuild MK7 rear housing (heavy duty), sandblasted & painted.  SN95 axles, actual cobra brakes & calipers rebuilt with G2 caliper paint, new Hawk pads, new rotors, all new seals & bearings, 3.73 gears, new carbon fiber posi clutch pads, brake lines, new Silver CHE upper and lower control arms (have a set of black, too), new KTM shocks, Mark 7 and Turbo Coupe parking brake cables, and a new Trick Flow pumpkin cover with stainless hardware.

Engine:  1986 HO shortblock (9.5:1 compression ratio and forged internals).  Everything but the pistons/rods were gone through, completely cleaned, painted gloss black, and built up from there.  High flow oil pump, TFS1 cam, TW170 heads CNC ported with Miller Mid-Lift Rocker Arms, TrickFlow Track heat upper and lower - Lower is TMOSS ported.  New BBK Headers, new timing chain/cover, New water pump, small water pump pulley, chrome 200amp Powermaster 3g alternator, "Aaron Price" low mount alternator bracket.  Trick flow valve covers, new cut-to-length plug wires, which I haven't cut yet.  I assembled everything with high quality components, including using an engine nut/bolt kit from totally stainless.  If that's not enough, i have a set of new chuck's mounts to go with it ;-)

Transmissions - have two choices: 

The AOD from the 1986 mustang with a Lincoln high stall torque converter.  Has a shift kit (installed before I got it).  Includes thunderbird AOD floor shifter kit with cable (rare).

A complete T5 with short-throw shifter, brand new valeo king cobra clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, flywheel, pedals out of an '87 mustang, clutch cables, etc.  Should have everything there.

I also have a new gas tank with high flow pump if needed.  I have the shell of the car, too, but I doubt there would be much interest in it once all this goodness is gone.

Finally, I have another 1988 turbo coupe that has a spectacular body & leather interior, but the wiring harness is really messed up, and another parts car 1988 turbo (total hunk of junk) if anyone needs anything.

I have extra body panels, billet wheels, etc.

Let me know if there is any interest in this, and I'll get pictures posted.  I'm traveling, so it will be a few days.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #1
Driver side fender?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
I think I can hook you up. Let me check when I get home on Friday.

Reply #3
hi I,m looking for a set of motor mounts thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Quote from: Lodemia;457901
I think I can hook you up. Let me check when I get home on Friday.

Thanks. Let me know.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Do you have the the bracket along with those turbo coupe parking cables?
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum

Reply #6
I can sell the chucks mounts for what I paid, which I believe was $150 I think they were $175 last time he made them.

I think I have the turbo coupe brake brackets too, on a parts car in the barn . Let me check - flying home tonight, so expect a bit of a delay.

Reply #7
PM sent.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #8
Thanks man just let me know
88 Cougar
88 T-Bird
other cars that don't apply to this forum

Reply #9
PM sent
1986 Ford Thunderchicken, 5.0 AOD w/ Shift kit,  354,XXX miles. 1-Family owned. Original engine+trans.
8.8 Disc Rear w/ 3.73 Posi. CHE Control Arms. '04 Cobra brakes all around. 2000 Cobra R wheels. Tubular front LCA's. MM Steering Shaft. Unlocked Speedo, Lowering springs, Eibach sway bars front and rear. Ram air intake.

Reply #10
I plan on heading out to the shed tomorrow. Anyone else need anything?

Reply #11
Thunderjet - do you need Oem, or will repop  work?

Also, this is in your neck of the woods. https://racine.craigslist.org/cto/5861757712.html

Reply #12
What color interior do they have.  Looking for red.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

Reply #13
Quote from: Lodemia;458256
Thunderjet - do you need Oem, or will repop  work?

Also, this is in your neck of the woods. https://racine.craigslist.org/cto/5861757712.html

OEM. I do not want a repop fender.

Reply #14
I have three raven and one grey on grey interior.  I don't have a straight OEM fender unfortunately, unless I decide to rip a perfectly good car apart.  I'm not ready to go there yet...

Geoff