Skip to main content
Topic: So lets catch up (Read 11470 times) previous topic - next topic

So lets catch up

Reply #60
Scott, the board is paid for through at least 2018, so you don't have anything to fear. I have been vaguely thinking about passing the torch to somebody else, but rest assured whoever took it over would be somebody we know, who has been a longstanding member, and who we could trust (I have not even thought about anybody in particular, but these would be the conditions). This board is relatively low maintenance and fairly cheap to keep running, so no matter what, it won't be disappearing. Nor will it ever be plastered with ads as a lot of other boards have become. It was never meant to be a source of income.

Although I don't own one anymore I still love the cars, and I love the community. Some day I will own another one, when I have time to dedicate to a project car (and also when I can find the one I want).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

So lets catch up

Reply #61
I'm looking for a clean, damage free 5.0 'Bird...gotta be an '87 or '88, though I wouldn't entirely rule out an '85 or 86, either.

It's time to get back into a FoxBird. The Mustang is a fun thing, but it's missing something....style.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

So lets catch up

Reply #62
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;458464
I'm looking for a clean, damage free 5.0 'Bird...gotta be an '87 or '88, though I wouldn't entirely rule out an '85 or 86, either.

It's time to get back into a FoxBird. The Mustang is a fun thing, but it's missing something....style.

Hit me up - I'm in IL and need to get out of the Fox Bird business.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

So lets catch up

Reply #63
whats up Shawn? good to see you back! A lot has changed in the last few years. I got married and bought a house, I'm up in westminster now. mostly finished with the sport (you know they're never really done).  Can't remember if I was still working on cars last time we talked but I've been doing commercial HVAC for a few years now. I still swing by here every once in a while. Good to hear that things are alright with you. You still in MD?
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

So lets catch up

Reply #64
Quote from: jcassity;458412
i am totally still into these cars, birds & cougs.  I guess im an odd ball.  I cannot imagine what the eventual day looks like when i can no longer drive one.  I feel just as ambitious and energetic about the preservation aspect as well.    I was 15 playing basketball in my driveway when i was finally united with the commercials i saw about that car the cougar........ as it drove by i saw the full side profile and at that moment i decided i will have one.  No one could buy me a car or get me a college education as we were a family of very humble means.  I come home from bootcamp and my father and i go out and at the first stop, the first car lot, there was the 84 coug with a v6.  3200$ cash and i drove home in it,, and down to avionics A school in memphis tn.

anyone who knows me knows i seem to wear the same car.  i have had 4, my first 84 total loss at the intersection where circuit city once operated in va beach.  The second 84 my rental apt tree fell on it.. then i re-enlisted and cashed in my leave days and bought my white 87... its being restored now for my youngest son although i am dealing some lonely time by myself nearly every available day... SON where art thou!,, this hurts me and i hope he snaps out of it.  skype and IoT seem to be more interesting for him yet he's my passion as well, my son and i am working hard to preseve and old machine he can be proud to own.  I love these old cars and for the sake of conversation, thier simplicity and ease to remediate and fix with a modern solution if needed when no part is available.  I worry about the tone lately around here and one day i had  a bad feeling that our community of this board will yeild and error 404 when i jump on to find information....  I have this feeling everyday now since i have started paying close attention.  to anyone with that feeling of moving on, keep one of your fox cars, its a part of who you are, these cars have personalities and wishes just like you to survive, be noticed and be liked.  If they could only for a brief moment be gifted with the opportunity to speak words, they would all tell us they also do not want to die.

What a lovely sentiment!!  I've had my lady for 22 years now and have no plans to see her go to the car graveyard (heat or not)!!!  Too many wonderful memories wrapped up in trips made and projects done and to be done.
1986 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Turbo-charged 5-speed.
Owned 22 years.

So lets catch up

Reply #65
Every time I go to do some sort of overhaul on one....I end up finding another deal I just caaaaaaaan't pass up, because, you know, otherwise you're basically ripping yourself off by...not..spending money?? Anyway there are just so few cars I look at the same way I look at my black ROH-ZS'd wheel'd tinted black XR7. And the 20th is a little more "pedestrian", in comparison, but in the right light it's shagy as hell too. I love the 60s/early 70s official "Muscle Car" era too, but I also love factory EFI and overdrive. As well as the other tech these have. Life IS change, but right now I can't see myself ever ceasing to enjoy these cars. There are too many pros and not enough cons!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

So lets catch up

Reply #66
Quote from: grutinator;458473
whats up Shawn? good to see you back! A lot has changed in the last few years. I got married and bought a house, I'm up in westminster now. mostly finished with the sport (you know they're never really done).  Can't remember if I was still working on cars last time we talked but I've been doing commercial HVAC for a few years now. I still swing by here every once in a while. Good to hear that things are alright with you. You still in MD?

I saw you bought a house and all on facebook. You beat me to it by a good bit. Last time we talked, you were working on cars, but I think I remember you talking about looking to get into HVAC. It's been a long time man. I'm still in MD. I'm down in Pasadena. A little bit of a hike from Westminister, but not too bad.
It's Gumby's fault.

So lets catch up

Reply #67
Hey man. Good to "see" you again.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]