Skip to main content
Topic: Finally fired this thing up (Read 2878 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally fired this thing up

Several months later than I hoped, but today this thing finally started. What was to be a heads,cam,supercharger and Mass Air conversion turned into just about a full redo. Glad to say the budget that I set for $2000. would have been met if I hadn't picked up this used 306 short block. I am still far below $3000.  in additions. Need to install in tank pump, swap AOD Pan gasket, and before spring buy some drag radials and do something for frame connectors. Doesn't sound like anything special, but it did idle fairly well for not adjusting timing, tps, and some old gas in the tank. Heater hose cutting loose ended the days activities. Was wanting to see if the car would idle in gear with the stock converter and this used E Cam. The wife took some phone video, I'll see if she can help me get it up. Alot of fine info on here to get me this far. On more than 1 occasion I thought about sping the efi and supercharger and just put on a carb and nitrous. We will see how things go from here.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #1
I want to see this thing!
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W

Reply #2
[video]https://www.facebook.com/matthew.jewell.77/videos/vb.100002099773154/1164034743676507/?type=3&theater[/video]
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #3
[video]https://www.facebook.com/matthew.jewell.77/videos/vb.100002099773154/1164034743676507/?type=3&theater[/video]

Reply #4
Linky no worky.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #5
Picked up a 2nd set of Weld Draglites, skinnies in the front and a set of rears to mount a New set of drag radials. Ordered Global West frame connectors which should be here in a few weeks. Car has been under a car cover for the last few months, but need to finish up these odds and ends by the end of March. Looking forward to spring.

Reply #6
Frame connectors showed up today. 2 1/2 weeks early. Who would have thought.

Reply #7
Haven't made it to the track yet, but have been logging miles and working out some minor bugs. I don't think this aod is going to hang in there, just playing around on the street. My wife enjoys driving it too, and thinks I should leave it alone. She is smarter than I am.

Reply #8
The link doesn't work for me and I too, would love to see it.
1986 Thunderbird Elan 5.0 EFI AOD, 3.73:1 SN95 rear, 17" Mustang Bullitts w/Firestone WO Indy 500's. Future plan: 349 stroker, C9 block, forged dish pistons, Scat 9000 crank, 4340 I beam rods, ARP head/main studs, ported explorer intake, 1.72 CC RR, Vortech V2 supercharger, Mr. Freeze Meth Inj, intercooler, TFS 190 11R CNC heads (66CC), BBK shorties with 2.5" duals, 4R70W Transmission, Taurus fan.