Skip to main content
Topic: I may look into making some poly motor mounts for the 86-88 3.8/5.0's.... (Read 13490 times) previous topic - next topic

I may look into making some poly motor mounts for the 86-88 3.8/5.0's....

Reply #120
For those interested, I have a couple sets not spoken for.  Contact me if you're interested.

For those that have placed (read: confirmed) orders, welding begins this weekend.  Parts are being picked up today or tomorrow.  Email updates will be forthcoming.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #121
Just curious if you recieved my payment yet? If not be sure to let me know and i will use my tracking slip and find out what is up. I was told it would be in your hands by Friday.

Reply #122
Quote from: 4mykid
Just curious if you recieved my payment yet? If not be sure to let me know and i will use my tracking slip and find out what is up. I was told it would be in your hands by Friday.

You have to refresh my memory on what your real name is.....

Reply #123
I'm interested cause I can't see these stock mounts lasting to long with what I've done.  Please PM me with info whenever possible.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #124
Paul- Shoot me an email

cwarren@indy.net

Thanks

Reply #125
You'll have my payment tomorrow, Chuck - I've been at the cottage all week and the info you gave me is on the home PC

*EDIT* I found the info. You have cash. Feel free to package 'em along with that prototype IRS setup I voluteered to test for you :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #126
Steve.. the canadian eh! Thanks Chuck.

Reply #127
Quote from: 4mykid
Steve.. the canadian eh! Thanks Chuck.

Got it today Steve, thanks.

Reply #128
Have any still available? In need of a set.

How long are these to take? Weeks? A month? Just wondering
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #129
Quote from: Seek
Have any still available? In need of a set.

How long are these to take? Weeks? A month? Just wondering

Sorry, all the mounts in this batch are spoken for.

As far as timeframe goes..the plan is to "keep stock" on a few sets.  I'll be doing some more here (as well as some others), but I have no definite schedule as of yet.

Reply #130
Just a little preview. 
I mentioned before that the production pieces were going to be different than the prototypes shown earlier, well here's a couple quick pics of the driver upper piece.  The bottom will be the same as before.

They were changed to improve fabrication efficiency.  Strength should not be an issue though. 
From above:

The underside:

I got held up a bit as my anti-splatter stuff did not show up on Fri like it was supposed to and while I could weld them up w/o it, they would be pretty messy.  I did go ahead and weld up all those big center tubes and bases though...so that wa fun:hick:

Anyway...

Reply #131
They look like they might even be stronger than the preproduction parts. The way the plate is welded all the way around the center section with the gussets on the bottom looks pretty darn stout. Nice welds too by the way...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #132
Chuck - It looks like I missed the boat on these.  I am really interested in a set but I haven't been on the boards in awhile.  I would like to know when you are going to do another batch.  I will send you a deposit to get in on the next set if you plan on making some more.  I have alot of things I need to do to my Bird, including new mounts in the next few months.
1988 Thunderbird
5.0 HO, t5, TC rear, TC brakes, etc. - Gone

Reply #133
Chuck those look ten times stronger than the previous mounts.  But how much do they weigh?  Looks like they could be pretty hefty.
One 88

Reply #134
I haven't weighed them yet.  I imagine they'll weigh like the others between 8-10# for the set.

I may add some "lightening" cut-outs in that top plate on successive batches, but not sure yet.  It won't make much difference overall though.