Skip to main content
Topic: Rear Window Molding (Read 1229 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear Window Molding

Few days ago, i realize that my trunk has a bad leak, and i have a rew suspected spots

one of them is the bottom corner of the window, there is a few rust bubbles, and both bottom corners, the molding has come up off the clips, because the clips are rusty and broken

how do these pieces of trim come off, and can those clips be replaced?
It's Gumby's fault.

Re: Rear Window Molding

Reply #1
Hello "Tbird232ci"
The clips are replaceable, but, according to a guy at the window/trim shop, you should use the C-C-C-Chrysler  :yuck: clips. Make sure that you don't grind/cut off the pins that are spot welded in there for the clips to mount to. I have to re-do the ones on my "newly acquired"  '86, gotten from my dad. I drove it from Grove City, PA (sixty miles north of Pittsburgh) to St. Marys, GA (about sixty miles north of Jacksonville, Florida) yesterday. Most of my problems are dirty switches, minor dents and rust. I need a new power mirror control switch, and the blower motor resistor replaced, as far as electrical stuff. A/C works, and it's still R-12! Well, if ya need any help, or any info that this "old man" might have, send me a message/e-mail. Later! :D

Dennis "Mac" McFarland

Re: Rear Window Molding

Reply #2
I have the same problem on my 88 TC only my trim is bunched and messed up, is there a place to get these?  maybe a glass shop?