Skip to main content
Topic: clutch pedal (Read 1492 times) previous topic - next topic

clutch pedal

Morning Guys,.....88 turbocoupe and would like to know if there is a way to change the height of the clutch pedal related to the brake pedal? The clutch pedal seems like almost an inch higher. Seems like I read a post a few years back about this but done a search and went through a couple hundred threads but no luck.
Thanks in advance, Joe
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

clutch pedal

Reply #1
I did it the redneck way. I took off the pedal, put it in a vice, put a 2"pipe over the shaft and bent it to where I was happy with it. It took only one time.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

clutch pedal

Reply #2
This seems to work really well and I know a couple of guys that run it in racing conditions, only drawback is that you will need either an adjustable clutch cable and/or aftermarket clutch quadrant.  I have both of these on both of my cars along with the firewall adjuster.  For me they are necessary versus nice to have as the stock quadrant is junk and I like having the adjustability as the cables stretch over time and the clutch wears.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Clutch-Pedal-Height-Adjuster-1982-93-P501.aspx

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

clutch pedal

Reply #3
Thanks, I forgot to add that. I run a quick release quadrant with a firewall adjuster and OEM cable. The thing to watch for is that you have to push the pedal further by just bending the arm which takes some getting use to.....unless you're over 6ft tall...lol.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

clutch pedal

Reply #4
Would the adjustable quadrant be for a cable clutch?  The turbo coupe is hydraulic, so if for cable (like the Mustang), would it be worth swapping a working hydraulic clutch system for a cable clutch?  Just curious.