Skip to main content
Topic: WOW, see this one? (Read 1588 times) previous topic - next topic

WOW, see this one?

Reply #1
Looks pretty dang nice.  Too bad its a pale banana puke color.
Mike

WOW, see this one?

Reply #3
The underside pic from the rear made me almost want to cry. Everything so shiny still.

I wonder what that piece of plastic was in the trunk? Looked sorta like it was gas tank related?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

WOW, see this one?

Reply #4
Yeah, not a HUGE fan of the color, or the year.  I prefer the longer 87-88's, myself. 

Not sure what that plastic piece would be.

And Eric, you're welcome....glad I could dangle forbidden fruit in front of you!  LOL

WOW, see this one?

Reply #5
Wow, that is an oddly optioned Cougar. Amazingly clean, and I kind of like that yellow.
Cornfed85

1985 Thunderbird - 3.8 V6, C5  :ford:  :birdsmily:

WOW, see this one?

Reply #6
Quote from: EricCoolCats;456399
I am sooooooo tempted to look at that. It's about 15 miles away from me...

15 miles away..... doesn't hurt to look.  :D
tbirdregistry.com

WOW, see this one?

Reply #7
Looks like the only power options are mirrors and antenna. No cruise, AM radio.
It's about as basic as you can get. Wonder why it was never driven.

WOW, see this one?

Reply #8
Vent windows require the power mirrors.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

WOW, see this one?

Reply #9
Quote from: Haystack;456407
The underside pic from the rear made me almost want to cry. Everything so shiny still.

I wonder what that piece of plastic was in the trunk? Looked sorta like it was gas tank related?

You are correct. My '85 has that mounted on the front of the fuel tank. Odd that it is in the trunk. Maybe it was removed to service the tank and someone forgot to re-install it.

Interesting car. Makes me wonder the reason why it was not driven. Was it intentional or just a fluke?
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

WOW, see this one?

Reply #10
I saw this car on Autotrader a few weeks ago ... it has been steadily falling in price.  I think it has come down somewhere in the neighborhood of $5-7K since I first saw it.

WOW, see this one?

Reply #11
Reminds me of my 83 (in my sig) RIP. Strange to see grey interior in there. Mine had tan/yellow (whatever you call that color) interior.
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

WOW, see this one?

Reply #12
Quote from: BCA;456497

Interesting car. Makes me wonder the reason why it was not driven. Was it intentional or just a fluke?

This is a pure WAG, but perhaps the person who purchased was killed/otherwise incapacitated, and the family "kept it that way for them"??  I had an uncle up in SD that purchased a brand new self-propelled hay swather one fall back in the late 80's.  Parked it in his barn for the winter, plastic still over the seat, in antition of putting it to work the following year.  That winter, however, as he was raking snow off his roof, he fell off the ladder, and went into a coma.  The rest of the family kept that swather JUST the way he left it, until the day he died, over a decade later.  "Just in case" he came out of it.

Not saying that's what happened here, but, you just never know!

WOW, see this one?

Reply #13
I'd really like to know the story behind this.

Why are these cars always low option V6 cars and never V8 or Turbo cars?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

WOW, see this one?

Reply #14
They on drugs......I still wouldn't give more than $2500 for ANY car that color! lol
Brian R.
88 2.3t Ranger
83 TC  gt40p motor,Vortech,TFS1 cam,long tubes,MS PnP,T5,8.8,17x9 Cobra 17s