Skip to main content
Topic: Voice alert module (Read 6452 times) previous topic - next topic

Voice alert module

Reply #1
They are all out of Czech language versions at the NOS Ford shop.......  :rollin:

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Voice alert module

Reply #3
I brought this up a few years ago where the EVTM showed a voice alert module , yet no car we know of was produced with it.

Tom (turbocoupe50) confirmed this a long while back

Voice alert module

Reply #4
There is a mention on coolcats site, that it has been used in 83 cats, but most of them were swapped to standard warning chime under warranty. I remember a video couple years ago, where somebody had this module off an early aero bird or cat.

Voice alert module

Reply #5
They did exist and were used on our cars. Finding one...that's another issue altogether. I haven't found any lately, new or used. It may be possible to use one from another Ford that may have had a similar option, perhaps a Lincoln. That's the best info I have at this point.

Voice alert module

Reply #6
Quote from: jcassity;455077
I brought this up a few years ago where the EVTM showed a voice alert module , yet no car we know of was produced with it.

Tom (turbocoupe50) confirmed this a long while back

Uhhh I don't remember that(really)... Having owned only one '86 and none earlier, I have next to zero experience with the earlier models...

Voice alert module

Reply #7
The 84 shop manual says it was used in Mark VII, T-Bird and Cougar.
The 83-85 EVTMs cover it. The 85 indicates it is for 2.3L only.
Here is an article you may find interesting:
http://papers.sae.org/830201/

The shop manual P/N 10D974
I don't know if you add a E3 or E4 prefix to that makes it a valid P/N or not.

Voice alert module

Reply #8
Quote from: softtouch;455113
The 84 shop manual says it was used in Mark VII, T-Bird and Cougar.
The 83-85 EVTMs cover it. The 85 indicates it is for 2.3L only.
Leaves me out, I only have '86 & '88 EVTM and a set of '86 & '87 Shop manuals...

Voice alert module

Reply #9
I looked at a car with one, it also had both the stalk signal horn and the regular horn button. I believe it was an 84 model year car.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Voice alert module

Reply #10
I have only heard one 83 Heritage with the module and it was a female voice, maybe 5 or 6 warnings.  Door is open,  lights are on etc

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Voice alert module

Reply #11
Quote from: MY83T;455142
I have only heard one 83 Heritage with the module and it was a female voice, maybe 5 or 6 warnings.  Door is open,  lights are on etc

No doubt discontinued because she filed numerous shagual harassment suits... STFU bitch...

Voice alert module

Reply #12
"My turbo is so hot right now" :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Voice alert module

Reply #13
I had the Chrysler version in one of my old turbo dodges about 14 years ago, and I really, really got a kick out of how people reacted to it. When I learned that a similar system could be found in some Tbirds, I very carefully listened to the muted sound of my new to me '83 Heritage with great antition hoping to hear a voice, but was disappointingly greeted only by the faintest sound of ding-ding-ding.

I would add it to my car if I could obtain the parts. No doubt about it.

Voice alert module

Reply #14
Well, it seems to be easier to make a brand new one, than waiting for one placed on ebay/craigslist/...

Warning chime has these inputs/outputs:
1 - seatbelt lamp
2 - RUN PWR
3 - ACCY PWR
4 - door open in
5 - lamps on in
6 - key in switch in
7 - tone in (probably something like "Check gauges" warning)
8 - door ajar in
9 - seatbelt buckle in
10 - GND

That means it should be able to tell these sentences accordingly to forgotten task:
Door is ajar.
Please fasten your seatbelts. (+ Thank you.)
Your headlights are on.
Don't forget your keys.
Please check your gauges.

You may check them in google translator - it has speech synthetiser with female voice.

Do you like it? Would you buy it if I make this thing work? I'd like to fit it inside the original case.