Skip to main content
Topic: Mach 1 Chin spoiler? (Read 1340 times) previous topic - next topic

Mach 1 Chin spoiler?

Hey guys, I was looking at getting a Mach 1 chin spoiler for the TC front bumper on my Tbird. I was wondering if there are any installation issues to look out for, if there's a specific spoiler I should purchase or any other concern I may not be thinking of.

This is what I'm looking at
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mach1-chin-spoiler-9904.html

Mach 1 Chin spoiler?

Reply #1
I got the same thing on Ebay a bit cheaper. Let it sit in the hot sun for a while, then jack the front of the car off, pull the wheels off, and have a drill and fasteners. I had to drill holes around the perimeter of the lower part of the bumper cover and spoiler and bolted it all together. Once it's on, trim the ends off with a Dremmel and cutoff wheel. There will be about 5 or 6 inches on each side that needs to be removed.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mach 1 Chin spoiler?

Reply #2
You can get them either straightened out or rolled up.  Spend the extra 10 bux and get the straightened out one.  The rolled up ones take a long.time to smooth out.  They're actually much easier to install on a TC front end as opposed to a non TC one.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!