Skip to main content
Topic: Mass Air conversion question (Read 2022 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass Air conversion question

I have checked out the info on the coolcats.net site as well as the search engine here in regards to a mass air conversion. One thing I am confused about is a good friend who has performed this swap on a few Mustangs has mentioned changing the injector harness as well. Didn't know if this was a must, and if I need to add it to the shopping list of used parts. THanks in advance.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #1
Quote from: Matt Jewell;453307
I have checked out the info on the coolcats.net site as well as the search engine here in regards to a mass air conversion. One thing I am confused about is a good friend who has performed this swap on a few Mustangs has mentioned changing the injector harness as well. Didn't know if this was a must, and if I need to add it to the shopping list of used parts. THanks in advance.

Not necessary at all... The different firing order on our cars is handled by the computer...

I have a '87 T-Bird 5.0 harness that's converted to mass air in my Bird...

BTW if you're converting to stock HO, the '87-'88 SD Stangs actually were quicker by a couple tenths over any year mass air...

Reply #2
Thanks for the info. I will be changing heads, camshaft and using a small supercharger.
1988 LX, 306 with GT40P heads, Downs Upper Intake on Truck Lower, Powerdyne Supercharger and T5 swap.  Scavenger Hunt Build at it's best.

Reply #3
I can't remember if I asked this before. Will the T-bird distributor work with the cam swap and computer? I know the firing order changes, and the gear on the Distributor should be OK if the engine is already a roller (which I assume from what I have read here,).

Reply #4
99 percent sure the dizzy is the same for both firing orders.  Just the wires are wired different.
84 TurboCoupe with 302 .010 over - 9.8 : 1 Forged Pistons - Edlebrock Goodies:  Aluminum Heads #6037, Intake #3821, 65mm TBI/EGR #3824/3827, Camshaft #3722 -  Interactive System & Technologies Mass Air with 24# Injectors - A9L - 3g Alternator - BBK shorties, Cat Converter H-pipe, Magniflow lers - World Class T5 1352-169 (1986, V8, WC, 3.15 3.35 1.93 1.29 1.00 0.68) OEM Clutch Cable - 7.5 Trac Lock with 3.08 and slapper bars from 82 Mustang.

Reply #5
Dist is same HO/SO...