Skip to main content
Topic: 95 - SN95 Spindles (Read 1239 times) previous topic - next topic

95 - SN95 Spindles

I have an 85 Turbo Coupe which I am getting ready to swap 1995 SN95 spindles onto. On the Coolcats 4 to 5 lug swap it states that the "Wheel Center" is moved 23mm outward, and the 96+ spindles being the same. Between the  forums here and on NATO I have found other references which say that the 96+ spindles are 3/8" further out. Maybe I'm confusing 2 different things, so here is my question.

How much outboard is the "wheel" mounting surface of the 95 spindle with Hub & Rotor, as compared to my stock spindle with integrated Rotor/Hub? Hence, If I were to "hypothetically" mount the same stock width wheel on that 95 spindle how much more offset would be required to locate that wheel back to its original position in space?

85Original

95 - SN95 Spindles

Reply #1
The 94-95 spindles are within a few mm of the track width of Fox spindles.  The 96-04 version are the ones with the increase in track width, they match up with the revised crossmember that was used in 96-up cars.  So if use the early SN95 spindles, wheel offset required is very close to what you have now, just the one extra stud hole needed!

cheers
Ed
84 Mustang SVO
95 Jaguar XJR