Skip to main content
Topic: A couple of pics of the Sport's engine compartment..... (Read 1746 times) previous topic - next topic

A couple of pics of the Sport's engine compartment.....

I just finished the GT-40 intake plate. Fabbed and polished and installed. The strut tower brace is something I've had for years, it had about 6 coats of paint on it. I stripped it down to bare metal, sanded it with 220, then sprayed on some clear engine enamel. Looks awesome. One step at a time, and with the car budget being slightly below zero dollars, I'm doing what I can with what I have. I have more cleaning to do, and may tuck a few wires on the driver side in the inner fender to clean up the bay a bit more. Nothing crazy, just doing a little here and there when I can. I still have some more polishing on the intake and intake plate to do, and eventually paint the recessed finned areas on the intake. One step at a time.

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Nice and clean

Reply #2
Looking good.

That cover you fabbed fits very well. Call me crazy but I actually like seeing the front accessories :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
I have the cover so the belt doesn't toss any  on my hood. The hood is what the whole car was built around. The intake plate helps the looks of the intake. I personally don't care for the GT-40 intakes, but I need one to use for fitment when I fab the intake plate.....so I keep it. I may have to polish up my extra Explorer upper intake and do a few viual mods and use it, then put the tubular intake in the garage for when it's needed.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
How much gunk does the belt throw? I haven't noticed the belt in my Thunderbird doing that. Then again I have a hood pad on my car. It doesn't appear dirty around the belt area. Maybe the belt on your car is too tight and shredding?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
No, everything seems great on my engine. No issues, but, The hood has no insulation, and the panel is a "just in case" I also fabbed a panel that fills the entire between the header panel and core support.

Reply #6
looks good