Skip to main content
Topic: converting to floor shift (Read 4344 times) previous topic - next topic

converting to floor shift

Reply #15
My 1988 car had a template already perforated on the floor. I did remove the stamped metal piece from the donor car, but it was clear as day where it went. 

I still have my parts car(with stamped metal part removed) If I can help anyway with the floor layout, let me know.

Reply #16
Quote from: jpc647;457957
My 1988 car had a template already perforated on the floor. I did remove the stamped metal piece from the donor car, but it was clear as day where it went. 

I still have my parts car(with stamped metal part removed) If I can help anyway with the floor layout, let me know.

yeah,, ill take you up on that.
much appreciated, call me sometime 304 772 3411

i dont want to hose this up even if im off by a inch im thinking that will be too much

i have a completely gutted interior but the dash is still in.

Reply #17
Here's a shot of mine (converted from column to floor shift probably 15 years ago).  Figured this might help in some small way and all of the interior is basically out at the moment anyway.  Used the the template, cut the plus shaped hole, undercoated and sealed stuff up, and the top plate really hides all of it nicely.  I could probably still space the shift selector/indicator housing up a little bit to get it to a "stock" height ... but that all depends on what you like.

Reply #19
also,,, my 87 shop manual shows a cable going to the auto transmission **and** a cable going to the steering column.