Skip to main content
Topic: Went to the track last night...oh so close.. (Read 2032 times) previous topic - next topic

Went to the track last night...oh so close..

Took the bird to the track last night. I made two changes to the car. One was I retarded the cam 2 degrees. The other was I installed my old meth system with the intent of filling it with E-85 to supplement my fuel system.
Well something is up with the meth system as it is not flowing nearly what it used to. I made three passes and the E-85 level never dropped in the tank and my AFR was still way too lean (12.5-12.9).
Good news is I think the car liked the cam timing change. Went 10.02@135 followed by a 10.04@134 and a 10.07@134. And that is with our horrible DA (5000+ft).
If I can get the meth system working right, I'm pretty confident a 9 sec pass would happen as I have a 2gph nozzle pre turbo and a 14gph nozzle pre throttle body. The pre turbo nozzle jumps the HP because it cools the air going into the turbo.
Next TnT is in October so I have some time to work out the bugs.

TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

Reply #1
That's moving. Really moving. Nice job. It's solidly in the 9s at sea level as it sits.....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Got around to uploading the vid. Didn't have the t-brake set when I let go of the foot brake so I jumped the beams. The starter was good enough to let me back up and reset.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ef-aHIa90&feature=youtu.be
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

Reply #3
Yeeeeee Hawwwww!!!