Skip to main content
Topic: Who makes/made this front bumper cover? (Read 3485 times) previous topic - next topic

Who makes/made this front bumper cover?

I really like it.

As an alternative a 90's camero bumper cover might be fabbed to fit as those car had the front end of the body coming to a point kinda like the Thunderbirds 87, and 88.

Reply #1
Quote from: M-train;450792
I really like it.

As an alternative a 90's camero bumper cover might be fabbed to fit as those car had the front end of the body coming to a point kinda like the Thunderbirds 87, and 88.

That's an old Xenon Kit I'll bet!

I had an 87 Bird that had the same style.

Unfortunately, they aren't made anymore.  Finding one could also prove difficult.

More info from CoolCats:

http://www.coolcats.net/modifying/groundeffects.html
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply #2
I had one of those Xenon kits on my old '86 Cougar. Found another one in the junkyard a few years ago, too.
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #3
Here is the key. Find another popular car that has a big aftermarket support, and mod the front bumper.

Here is what I'm talking about.

This is my 90 Mazda B2200 truck. This was before Ford bought Mazda so it was a totally different truck than a Ranger.

Here is the same truck with an SVO Mustang hood scoop welded in, and a fabbed up 03 Ranger Edge front fascia.

Reply #4
So, you guys can help me think of something that has a general shape of a Thunderbird front, then maybe I can fab something up for us.

It don't matter if its too wide as it can be sectioned like the Edge Ranger in the pic above.

Reply #6
Spoilers + used to make those kits….have no idea if they are still in business??

Reply #7
Wow Thunderbird88 you found THE car he was talking about! :rollin:
It does look very well-cared for....
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #8
I've got a set of side skirts I could sell. I know it's not the bumper, but if you're interested shoot me a pm.