Skip to main content
Topic: Finally, an easy weekend...... (Read 1320 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally, an easy weekend......

Seems like for the last couple of years, I have spent time under the hood searching for an answer to a miss in the idle, or lack of power, or a smoking engine, or some other issue. I'm finally at a point I cna relax and do simple things like clean on the car, move a couple of wires, Just "want to do it" stuff, not "HAVE to do it". I will admit, after spending so long on the "Have to do it" stuff, I feel like it has become a habit, a regular task, and it is actually kind of hard to teach myself that I can relax for a while. I'm going to lift the front of the car today and install my chin spoiler, then watch TV the rest of the day. I need to do a few small things. I'm afraid if I quit cold turkey, I may have withdrawals. LOL. I am enjoying the car more than I have in a long time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
You'll always find something to fix/upgrade. We all do. It's part of the sickness.......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
Yeah.......It's true.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
I did it last summer. A friend talked me into just drive it.  After swapping back to efi I cant wait to just drive the car.
Enjoy the day....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #4
It won't be much of a drive, but i'll enjoy the 2.5 mile drive to work in the morning. Steering rack and tie rods go on this week when I get the time. It's been over 100 degrees this week, .....107 today, but, it has to get done.