Skip to main content
Topic: grabber blue 4 eye in Iowa (Read 762 times) previous topic - next topic

grabber blue 4 eye in Iowa

Saw this on bangshift.com.  Looks like the car is set up right to be a fun driver.  Personally I'd ditch the big ass cowl hood and headlight covers and drive the thing like I stole it.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5108339574.html
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1
I'd rock that.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #2
Quote from: 50tbrd88;449552
  Personally I'd ditch the big ass cowl hood and headlight covers and drive the thing like I stole it.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5108339574.html

Side note-

I've always been disappointed to see a small block under a cowl hood. When I see a cowl, I wanna see a big block or some crazy setup that a normal hood just couldn't contain. It's just seems anti-climactic, like a stuffed bra ;)
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #3
Have to have room for that air cleaner. :hick:
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

Reply #4
Yeah that's why I'd throw out that cowl hood.  I see cowl and am automatically expecting a 460 or a blower, etc.  The blue paint is a little "loud" for a fox t-bird.  I really prefer the more subdued and classy colors for these cars but for some reason the blue works on this particular 4-eye.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #5
Quote from: 50tbrd88;449562
Yeah that's why I'd throw out that cowl hood.  I see cowl and am automatically expecting a 460 or a blower, etc.  The blue paint is a little "loud" for a fox t-bird.  I really prefer the more subdued and classy colors for these cars but for some reason the blue works on this particular 4-eye.

I was going to say the same thing and I own  Grabber Blue Mustang. Grabber Blue works on a Mustang, not so much on a Thunderbird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Maybe if it still had the side molding it would tone down all the blue from the side view? I have always preferred the darker blues on the birds though.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #7
Quote from: Lodemia;449553
I'd rock that.

X2

I'd put the side molding back on, put a set of closed chamber 351C heads and a tunnel ram....................................:p

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]