Skip to main content
Topic: 88 Cougar For Sale (Read 1399 times) previous topic - next topic

88 Cougar For Sale

Have an 88 Cougar for sale.

My son bought it to fix up / restore and lost interest. 

1988 Mercury Cougar

3.8 V6 - Auto Trans

First $200.00 - CASH takes it. - Price is firm. Take it or leave it.

**CAR WILL HAVE TO BE HAULED - Bring your trailer.

Car will start / move - but is NOT drivable.    Needs work.

Clean / Clear Title in hand. Sold AS-IS / WHERE IS.

Serious Buyers Only.
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #1
More Pictures:

XX
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #2
Did you guys upgrade the interior?
Current: 1986 Thunderbird, 105k 3.8/C5, 2 tone  Midnight Wine/Medium Taupe, wing windows, wire wheel covers.

Former: 1985 Cougar GS 115k Oxford White/Regatta Blue, 5.0, full console, 14" 8 hole aluminum T-Bird rims, Edelbrock valve covers.

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #3
Nope.  Interior is what came with the car.

Its a little rough, but definitely workable!

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #4
Too bad i don't have a 3.8 flywheel and clutch to go along with my t-5. That would be a fun roadkill like drive.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #5
Quote from: Haystack;448693
Too bad i don't have a 3.8 flywheel and clutch to go along with my t-5. That would be a fun roadkill like drive.

2 words:  Mad Max.  :)

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #6
Bump - Price Drop.

Need this car gone!  :)

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #7
If you would part with it, I would be very interested in the wing.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #8
Quote from: Lodemia;450320
If you would part with it, I would be very interested in the wing.

Sure!  I'd like $200 for the wing.  The rest of the car comes with it as a bonus!  :)

Shipping is still up to you though!  :P

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #9
What does it actually need to run?

I am dead serious.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #10
Quote from: zane;450344
Sure!  I'd like $200 for the wing.  The rest of the car comes with it as a bonus!  :)

Shipping is still up to you though!  :P

I have 4 fox birds already, and if I bring another car home, I will be sleeping in it!!!
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #11
Quote from: Haystack;450346
What does it actually need to run?

I am dead serious.

It does run!

Engine just has a slight knock and the idle is a little high.  ( IAC has been cleaned , TPS is new.)
Transmission does need adjusting, as there is a delay going into first or reverse.    TV cable adjustment would be my guess, as the car did drive from Wisconsin to Iowa without issue before it was parked.

Otherwise, its just the usual stuff that you would expect from a 27 year old car.

We just sold the property that the car is on, so it needs to go ASAP.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #12
Water pump, thermostat, and hoses, are also new.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson

88 Cougar For Sale

Reply #13
Car has been sold.

]Ralph Waldo Emerson