Skip to main content
Topic: I've been a little bored lately (Read 1523 times) previous topic - next topic

I've been a little bored lately

Soooo, since  last Tuesday, I've been off work due to yet another kidney stone issue.  All I could basically do was sit around slightly reclined, and drugged  up ;).  I decided to do some minor work on some of the parts I had bought. I  removed the taillights of the T-bird and took them apart, holy cow were  they dirty!! That was it for me that day. The next day, I replaced the rear view mirror and the D/S side mirror glass, then I washed  the housings. There wasn't much reflective surface left. I forgot to  get before  pictures though. I cleaned the lenses and started restoring  them but that was it for the day. So, yesterday I repainted all the  parts for the taillights. I wanted to get them done before have the  stone (which turned out to be 3 stones all stuck together and stuck in  place) removed today. Tomorrow I plan to reseal the lenses  back to the housings and reinstall them in the car. I'll try to  remember to get day & night pics. Now for a few pics

Tail light lenses off the car
X

FM600 tail light lenses after restoration
X

Housings off the car after restoration. Not happy about the "Chrome like" paint but............
X

Thanks for looking :mullet:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #1
Looks good. Hope you can get back to it soon.

Reply #2
Very nice

Reply #3
Thanks guys. It wasn't much but it's something.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #4
I used chrome body wrap vinyl for my refelctive surfaces in mine. Holy  what a difference.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;447160
I used chrome body wrap vinyl for my refelctive surfaces in mine. Holy  what a difference.
[/FONT]

Thanks Vinnie, I'll try to find some. Wife is fine with it but I'm not.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #6
I got it on Ebay for about $7.00. Peel the back and stick it on (after cutting it to the size you want), then peel the clear top layer....chrome.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..