Skip to main content
Topic: "Vaping" (Read 6204 times) previous topic - next topic

"Vaping"

Reply #15
Well it was a month yesterday and no desire to light up a smoke.  I'm very confident that I'm done with cigarettes.  Still not saving any money.  Bought two more tanks and like eight different juices.  I'm sure there will come a point when I'm only buying juice and coil supplies, and nothing else.  I've gone from 18mg nic, to 12, and now to 8/6 (depending on the juice).

Also, within the past couple of weeks I've gotten one of my sisters and a buddy of mine to switch to vaping.  My buddy has been doing it for almost two weeks and he hasn't had a cig, and he says he really likes it.  He was a smoker for thirty+ years.  My dad, who has been smoking for probably 45 years has promised that he is going to a vape shop tomorrow.  I hope he does.
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

"Vaping"

Reply #16
Chooglin - this one's for you!  69 days since my last cigarette.  Going by how many cigarettes I would typically smoke in a day, that's 2088 cigarettes avoided in that amount of time!
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |

"Vaping"

Reply #17
Keep it up man. Switch to the non nicotine but keep the juice. 3 days and then its all in your head.

Good job man.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

"Vaping"

Reply #18
Quote from: BLeavitt23;448153
Chooglin - this one's for you!  69 days since my last cigarette.  Going by how many cigarettes I would typically smoke in a day, that's 2088 cigarettes avoided in that amount of time!

That is awesome !!!! i bet you feel a lot better too.

I am vaping now also but not having as much luck as you.I have cut down on my smoking though (5-10 cigs a day) !!!!
after this weekend i am going to really give it a go and give them up !!!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

"Vaping"

Reply #19
Congrats buddy. I dont smoke but I do chew and vaping curbs that habit every now and then. Ive have a flavor that tastes like an atomic fireball. She has one that tastes like a bite of fresh honeydew.

"Vaping"

Reply #20
I'm admittedly not around here all that much.  Seems like every day I have less and less time to hop on the computer, but I THOUGHT I had subscribed to this thread at least...  I was wrong!  Anyhoo....

Did you succeed in cutting out the cigs, Chooglin???  My dad is still working at it, but making progress.

Thanks very much, fellas - I DO feel a lot better.  90 days in and I've gone down to mostly using 3mg juice now. 18mg to 3mg in three months.  I think it's going pretty well.  I have one vape shop that I frequent - gotten to know the owners pretty well.  I'm an engraver... been working as an engraver for fifteen years.  Well I have two vape pieces I laser engraved.  One day I took them into the vape shop and showed the owners.  We got to talking about engraving for them and it looks like I could have a new business venture to think about!

One of the owners of the shop was a Ranger.  His best friend, who was also a Ranger, was killed in Afghanistan.  So we talked about making a tribute to him.  We talked about this for probably an hour or so and I ended up doing the engraving you see in the below photos.  I decided to do this one for him at no charge.  Well now the other owner, and another employee want their boxes customized as well.  I also posted the photos below, along with the photos of two of my boxes I did on a vaping forum I frequent and have had a few people contact me to customize their stuff as well.  I'm also engraving that shop's logo on a bunch of sleeves, and whatever else they should want.

This started life as a plain black box, except for the Sigelei logo...

Brian Leavitt

"Vaping"

Reply #21
Quote from: BLeavitt23;448726
Did you succeed in cutting out the cigs, Chooglin???  My dad is still working at it, but making progress.

I wish I could say that I did but no,I am back to smoking a little over a pack a day !!!! not to make excuses , but the past year has just been to stressful to try to give them up rite now.

The engraving really looks good !!!!!!

I really hope your Dad can beat this nasty addiction !!!!!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.