Skip to main content
Topic: "Vaping" (Read 6202 times) previous topic - next topic

"Vaping"

Anyone have opinions on this?  Or does anyone here do it?  I've done a lot of reading about it for a while now, and considered it to try to help quit my pack and a half a day smoking habit.  I've been smoking since I was 15.  Now I have two kids and have wanted to quit, but my body will not let me.  My wife just quit one day, like 10 years ago, and never had another one.  It's not been so easy for my.  I couldn't go three hours.  One would think it would be as simply as not buying them anymore, but for me it's not so easy.  Anyways, I've been resistant to try the vaping thing because I didn't really feel like it could help.  Well... a coworker of mine is really in to it and offered to sell me one of his units pretty cheap so I figured I'd try it out.  I figured why not - at the price he was selling it, I wouldn't be losing out on much if it didn't help. 

Well I haven't had a real cigarette since about noon on Wednesday and, so far, don't really have the desire to light one up.  Right now I'm using a higher-nicotine content "vape juice" and it's really been a good alternative so far.  The overall goal is to gradually reduce the nicotine content until it's zero and hopefully quit both smoking and vaping.  I am encouraged so far and hopefully this plan will come to fruition.  If nothing else, it certainly smells better!
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

"Vaping"

Reply #1
Do whatever you have to do to get through it. Family support and from friends. Work hard. You can successfully quit.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

"Vaping"

Reply #2
X

We all know smoking is bad for you. I think what the op was after was insight and encouragement to quit, not a spanking from a medical professional.

Op, I applaud you for wanting to quit. Baby steps man, nicotine is more addictive than heroin.
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

"Vaping"

Reply #3
for every smoker out there 10 children have welfare health coverage,

light up and lighten up!!!!!!!!!

"Vaping"

Reply #4
seriously jinnie,, you've done a code blue on someone who never smoked as a result of second hand smoke?,,,,, dude don't get a bad thread started

"Vaping"

Reply #5
My apologies. I didn't mean it to be harsh. I see what happens a lot from all kinds of things, and I get going on those things. No ill intent was intended. I feel bad about that now. Again, my apologies for sounding like a douche bag.

NOTE....I deleted that post and made it a bit simpler. Now you guys look like you're being an ass to me for no reason. LOL. I was harsh. You guys were right.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

"Vaping"

Reply #6
We vape, its expensive to start with but alot healthier. my old lady worked at Cravin Vapes here in ft wayne its just flavored vapor with a little nicotine in it. its a step up for sure. it helped my old lady quit smokin

I say a +1

"Vaping"

Reply #7
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;446048
We vape, its expensive to start with but alot healthier. my old lady worked at Cravin Vapes here in ft wayne its just flavored vapor with a little nicotine in it. its a step up for sure. it helped my old lady quit smokin

I say a +1

I'm glad to read that it helped your old lady.  I've thought about it for a long time, but I never thought it could replace cigarettes.  So far it has been good enough that I haven't really wanted a cig since I started it.  It's been 86 hours with no smoke and I'm really happy about that.  I'm using an 18 juice for the most part, though the stuff in there now is a 12.  I want to step down every couple of weeks until I get to the zero nicotine stuff and see if I can stop completely after that.  For now I'm just happy to not be smoking or smelling of cigarettes.  I've been a smoker for 18 years and, until now, have never gone more than 8 or 9 hours without one.  I've tried the patch and the gum in the past, and also just not smoking, but never had the willpower to stick with it.  The hardest part is when I'm working in the garage.  I could go through a whole pack of smokes in 4 hours when I'm doing something with the car.  I have my '86TC in there now and I have much work to do still to get it running on the Megasquirt, but I haven't gone into the garage for a few weeks because I know what will happen.  Maybe now I can give 'er a go and vape instead of smoke. 

Vinnie - I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I don't know what you posted originally, but it's all good anyways.  I'm no stranger to the dangers of cigarette smoking.  My grandfather died of lung cancer because of it.  I also spent a lot of time working in Hospitals and on the Ambulance when I was a Medic.  I still remember the "Blue Bloaters" and "Pink Puffers", people who were still smoking while on O2.  One thing that always bothered me was when we'd go into a house with little kids and the whole place smelled like an ashtray.  I have NEVER smoked in the house or anywhere near my, or anyone else's kids.  I'll be the first to admit that smoking is incredibly stupid.  I definitely picked it up from my Dad, and I REALLY don't want my kids to pick it up from me.  I have always taken great strides to hide it from them.  With luck, some day soon I won't have anything to hide anymore.

On another note - I haven't said anything about what I'm doing to my wife, yet.  I don't know if she hasn't noticed or just hasn't said anything, but I would imagine I must smell better lately...
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |

"Vaping"

Reply #8
See Dick smoke
See Dick choke
See Dick croak

Don't be a dick!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

"Vaping"

Reply #9
I was rather assertive, but in no way did I mean it in a bad way. Working around sick people for so long, it makes me worry about what can happen to people.

"Vaping"

Reply #10
Stick to it and you'll get off them. 3-4 days without nicotine and its out of your system. You'll still get occasional cravings, but they will gget further apart.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

"Vaping"

Reply #11
I lost my father 2 1/2 weeks ago to lung cancer and you would think ,that would give me enough incentive to give them up,but yet I am still smoking.I know how hard it is to give them up,so if you find something that works for you, stick with it.
The fact you have only been smoking for 18 years is a good thing............................give them up now ,before you have 30-40 yrs. of smoking under your belt !!!!!!

Best of luck to you !!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

"Vaping"

Reply #12
Vaping is a pretty good alternative, I smoked for a couple years and finally quit due to vaping
I honestly love vaping, I started at 12 mg vape juice and just stepped down to 6mg
Once I started vaping I quit cigarettes within a couple days
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

"Vaping"

Reply #13
Two weeks in and no cig.  Don't even want one.  They smell a lot worse to me now, though.  Feeling better as well.  I don't cough much at all anymore, and I'm  sure I smell better.

Only problem is I'm really getting into this vaping thing and just bought a bunch of stuff to make my own "mod", so I am not, so far, saving any money like I had planned...
Brian Leavitt

"Vaping"

Reply #14
Glad to hear you are winning the battle on quitting , I will be watching this thread in hopes that two months from now,you  are still winning !
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.