Skip to main content
Topic: New ride! (Read 2889 times) previous topic - next topic

New ride!

Boy what a busy few months!

I don't really post too often & haven't really done anything new with the BoxFox since it got cold, but I couldn't resist showing off the new car!

2004 Mercury Marauder 84k miles, was in Texas its whole life until December then was traded in to CarMax in Dayton & ended up at the Cincinnati store where I work. I just happened to be outside when it pulled into our wholesale line. I put my name on it first & within 10 minutes at least half of the service department was pouring all over it lol.

X

It sure beat my previous Police Interceptors inside & out. :D

New ride!

Reply #1
Maroon or black look best on those cars. The silver one is my least favorite. Nice score :)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New ride!

Reply #2
Nice! I have always liked these.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

New ride!

Reply #3
Super cool ride....best of the panthers....

Are you going to mod it?

I have read....that CAI, good exhaust, gear, and tune really wake those up....good score on the 04....better tranny.

Travis

New ride!

Reply #4
Quote from: thunderjet302;445775
Maroon or black look best on those cars. The silver one is my least favorite. Nice score :)

lol- I was just talking about these cars with a buddy the other day and I think the silver looks really good on these!  But I've got to admit, black would have to be my 1st choice.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New ride!

Reply #5
Quote from: 50tbrd88;445925
lol- I was just talking about these cars with a buddy the other day and I think the silver looks really good on these!  But I've got to admit, black would have to be my 1st choice.

The Marauder is one of the few cars I prefer in a darker color. Just looks more sinister to me.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New ride!

Reply #6
Quote from: turbotrav;445904
Super cool ride....best of the panthers....

Are you going to mod it?

I have read....that CAI, good exhaust, gear, and tune really wake those up....good score on the 04....better tranny.

Travis

CAI, Exhaust & an alternative performance tune would be nice, it's gonna be a daily so i'm intent on keeping it mostly stockish. 4:10's alone are supposed to make it a totally different animal but I drive 90% highway so that'd just kill MPG, (22-23 MPG so far).

So far after driving it for a week I really like it. It really floats on the highway @ 70 but you feel way more planted than my Police Interceptor did. I got lucky, it looks like whoever owned it JUST replaced the air shocks, they look brand new.

I'm so not used to Overdrive transmissions, i still get a little drop in my stomach when it kicks down super low at 30-40 mph lol. C4 and C6 ftw.

New ride!

Reply #7
A car around town here is black.  That car is kept up and looks great.    The darker maroon color looks good as well.  Don't know about mods but that black one has at least an exhaust pack on it.  It sounds as good as she looks.    Good luck with her.  She looks like a great car.

Go Fast the first time.  The tickets the same.
86 Thunderbird 5.0.  All original good weather driver. Tbird Reg #53035
86 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather driver.  Tbird Reg # 58555
87 Thunderbird TC.  All original good weather daily driver.  Tbird Reg # 64647

New ride!

Reply #8
If you ever need any air suspension components Arnott Industries has them at good prices.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

New ride!

Reply #9
I guess....that tranny doesnt like 4th to 2nd downshift....FYI...

Travis

New ride!

Reply #10
Yee haww A DTR(Dark Toreador Red) those are a '04 only color, Merc built around 980 of those...

Quote from: turbotrav;446093
I guess....that tranny doesnt like 4th to 2nd downshift....FYI...

Travis
Yeah, it's real ugly when a 4v supercharged does the 4-2 shift(had a black for about 2½ years)... It just comes natural after a couple of those shifts to press that little O/D lock out button on the shifter..

A SC is the one mod that really wakes up a Marauder... Mine dynoed 430Hp at the rear wheels and still had the stock manifolds & exhaust system...

New ride!

Reply #11
Those cars haul ass. In more than one way.

I'm jelly. Really, really jelly. LOL
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

New ride!

Reply #12
This is badass man.  The coolest thing about it is that its a 4 valve!  Sick power.
'88 Thunderbird LX
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Engine:  FR B303 cam, GT40P heads w/ Trickflow valve springs, Explorer upper/lower intake, SR cold air intake w/ MAF
Exhaust:  shorty headers, BBK O-R X-pipe, glasspacks w/ turn downs
Misc:  8.8 rear, Saleen SC replicas 17x8/17x10, Mach 1 front springs/SN95 rear springs
&
'74 F100 Custom 351W